PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Whois Buying

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nukem
05-16-06, 11:49 PM
I really enjoyed Half-Life 2 but to be honest I hardly ever play Steam games, Im more into Quake4 and Enemey Territory. Im just wondering whois buying it?

superklye
05-16-06, 11:57 PM
HIGHLY doubt it.

Blackcat
05-16-06, 11:58 PM
HL2 was a great game so I will definately get HL2 Ep. 1 and whatever comes after.

nukem
05-17-06, 12:21 AM
HL2 was a great game so I will definately get HL2 Ep. 1 and whatever comes after.

Thats the one reason I want to get it. Steam, no Linux client, and other things are all going against it.

Lil Sassy
05-17-06, 12:24 AM
No thanks. Not into cludgy sporkware myself.

Rakeesh
05-17-06, 12:53 AM
HL2 itself was a pretty good game. But the technology surrounding it is just ass, and poorly delivered ass at that. Plus from what I hear ep1 is going to be very short. I'll pass, kthx.

PSYCHODAD
05-17-06, 02:24 AM
Already paid for it and looking forward to playing(on vacation the week it's supposed to come out).

supra
05-17-06, 03:41 AM
i will, luved hl2

grey_1
05-17-06, 05:30 AM
hl2 absolutely reeked. So pretty much anything else would be a step up, but I feel no need/desire to play this episodic crap.

Riptide
05-17-06, 09:41 AM
I'll play it. It's only $20 anyway. Hard to go terribly wrong there.

BioHazZarD
05-17-06, 10:00 AM
DOnt think so.. it will just be some more hours and end crap just like hl2 and since they havent fixed the stutter bug i aint supporting them anymore.

|MaguS|
05-17-06, 10:02 AM
Getting it, Loved the story and atmosphere of HL2. One of the best FPS games in a long time.

Sazar
05-17-06, 11:47 AM
Already bought and pre-loaded.

Early buyer price was like $17. Worth it IMO.

Lfctony
05-17-06, 03:55 PM
Preordered and pleloaded already. Cost like 8.50, totally worth it for me.

Tony.

CaptNKILL
05-18-06, 02:37 AM
Well, I was thinking of getting this. I thought HL2 was probably the best FPS to come out in recent years, so this is probably pretty damn good.

So I just bought it :p

I was expecting to pay $20, but its actually only $18 if you pre-order (i thought $20 was the discount price).

With the package they give you Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (already have it), Lost Coast (already have it), Episode 1 and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source. Im looking forward to the old HL DM on a new engine... thats a great bonus :)

sillyeagle
05-18-06, 02:48 AM
Definitely. HL2 is probably the best FPS I've played. So I'll be getting all the episodes for sure. I love that game, other than Farcry I haven't played through anything else more than twice, and I've played HL2 4 times. lol

supra
05-18-06, 02:58 AM
hl2 absolutely reeked. So pretty much anything else would be a step up, but I feel no need/desire to play this episodic crap.

wtf. r u serious???

what didnt you like about hl2??

nutcrackr
05-18-06, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I will dip my hand in the first episode of HL2. At least after I've tried #1 I can decide on future episodic purchases.

grey_1
05-20-06, 12:36 PM
wtf. r u serious???

Don't take it personally:p , My take, especially on a game that has been so heavily hyped, is that I should be able to play through it without any serious, major flaws jumping out and punching me in the face.

Even if I didn't mention the trouble I had with that damn stutter, which valve has finally acknowledged and fixed, the whole setup of what should have been a good story was weak.

Alex kicked major ass WITHOUT a hazard suit, bailed freeman out in the beginning, unarmed at that.
Yet throughout the game "ooh freeman has returned", he's now a pansy.
npc's crowding so badly, you can hardly enjoy a battle.
The constant friggen nagging of barney and friends.."To the roof gordon!" over and over.
Need to waste an npc to get them outta the way? can't.
Way, WAY, to linear. As bad as Doom3, but outside.

And although the game looked nice overall, the textures were a bit underwhelming. There were some decent battles, but overall, weak.
Personal preference at work here, but I like to try and enjoy the story as well as the fragging and hl2 just fell way to short of hl1, or doom3, or FEAR, so on and so on.

Superfly
05-20-06, 02:09 PM
wtf. r u serious???

I can add a few things I did'nt like:

1. The weapons (especially pistol, shotty & AS) all sounded WAY to weak, like hearing them from the other side of a quarry??!! yes my sound card and speakers are fine.

2. npc's were a constant annoyance.

3. did I mention the sound?? - fookin gay.

4. flat fire effects.

5. terrible clipping problems - ie: a small 1/4 inch nail poking out from the corner of something can stop me dead in my tracks?? - WTF lol.

6. stuttered like a retard for the best part of its useful life.

SavagePaladin
05-21-06, 01:50 PM
I can't much order a game I already ordered...

CaptNKILL
05-21-06, 02:02 PM
I played the free Half-Life: Deathmatch Source a little bit yesterday. It seems like it could be fun but there are no freaking servers! There were 3 servers when I first started looking, 2 had 180 ping and another one was run by some freaking n00b that didnt know what the hell he was doing and he was running a broken developer test map and the server kept crashing.

I refreshed the server list and then there was one server with 90 ping. I joined and it was pretty laggy with 4 people playing, but overall it still has the HL: DM feel. I like the rag dolls and the nice water, but to be honest, I'd rather just reinstall HL and play the original DM. The internet play is probably much smoother (less new crap clogging up the server) and its EXACTLY the way I remember it. HL: DM Source is close but its missing some things. You cant launch stuff off of the big bounce pads (on the map Bounce) and Im almost positive that you could do that before. The C4 doesnt work very well now (hardly ever reacts when I click... it just does nothing). And the hit detection feels more like HL2 than HL, ie I cant hit s**t no matter if I point in front of them, at them, or behind them when they are running.

smallSHEEP
05-21-06, 05:28 PM
Unfortunetely I'm a Valve fanboy so even though some of the stuff they do irritates me no end, I still buy it.

Baracade980
05-21-06, 10:47 PM
I loved HL since I first played it and own all expansions. Steam has been nice to me for the most part, and I've never had any problems with HL2, 'cept for minor things. So yea, I'm getting Ep1... can't wait for June 1.

Sazar
05-21-06, 11:41 PM
Just over a week to go :smoking: