Bios: 1205 dated 2006/05/16

A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios version 1205
1- Enhance PCI / PCIE compatibility
2- Support 7900 Series VGA cards
3- Enhance SATA RAID compatibility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

dvlk80
05-17-06, 08:43 PM
my system won't start after i upgraded the bios 1205, i have to take the battery out from the MB. Then, reset everything, and now it won't allow me to O/C my memory. Everytime i O/C it, the system won't start, & i have to take the battery out agains. The new bios only allow me to run 166MHZ (show on CPU-Z) now,..!! :( :( :( anyone have this problem? please helps,...!!!!!:(:(:(:(

rudedog
05-19-06, 08:39 AM
sorry to hear about that. I just installed and updated my bois and have no issue. Also checking the ASUS forums (only two threads) they seem to be working ok.

Hope you get it sorted out.

sandeep
05-19-06, 08:45 AM
Works perfect for me.

dvlk80
05-19-06, 05:45 PM
it works for me now,..!!! :clap:

The Bigman
05-19-06, 07:39 PM
Same here, Im wondering what the pci and pci-e fixes were for? Maybe for SBXfi cards too.

Anyway good to see this thread. I was going to start one on this but thats cool.

dvlk80
05-20-06, 07:06 AM
my X-Fi still have the same problems,..:(:(

rudedog
05-20-06, 08:57 AM
My Xfi is also still experiencing cracking sound.

JaxMacFL
05-20-06, 10:31 AM
My Xfi is also still experiencing cracking sound.

rudedog, shouldn't you be using nforce chipset version 6.82 (asus) or 6.85 (nvidia) for your asn32-sli deluxe enstead of the 6.70 version which doesn't support the dual pcie x16? I have the 6.85 installed.

Oh, btw, no problems here with the bios upgrade. Everything working as advertised.

rudedog
05-20-06, 10:54 AM
Thanks Jax.

I did not even see the x16 drivers in the list or when I did the upgrade to this MB overlooked my 32 as 2x 16..

downloading now and installling.

I also need to update my sig.

JaxMacFL
05-20-06, 12:20 PM
Thanks Jax.

I did not even see the x16 drivers in the list or when I did the upgrade to this MB overlooked my 32 as 2x 16..

downloading now and installling.

I also need to update my sig.

NP rudedog.

After installing run cpuz. Check under the 'Mainboard' tab and at the bottom in the 'Graphic Interface' section it should now have 'x16' in the 'Link Width' box and the 'Max. Supported' box.

mon
05-22-06, 07:13 PM
had no troble with update but went to update and made first boot the floppy and my keybord was not detected i had to restet cmos..

to detect keyboard i updated and is ok

also how hard is that battery to get out i cracked the holder (STILL HOLD FIRMLEY) and why the hell was that jumper under the pci lever STUPID PLACE TO PUT IT

OR WOT

:(

verboten
05-22-06, 11:01 PM
I have no problems with this BIOS besides the fact that I can't change my multiplier. This frustrates me the most.

JaxMacFL
05-24-06, 12:58 PM
I have no problems with this BIOS besides the fact that I can't change my multiplier. This frustrates me the most.

What prevents you from changing it? I had no problem changing my multiplier from 13 to 14. Runs rock solid.

viiiper
05-24-06, 07:11 PM
There Are problems with BIOS 1205
Re: SATA & RAID

Problem 1
If you have a RAID setup on the NVidia RAID Controller and you plug any
SATA drive on the Silicon Image controller ...set it to RAID OR SATA2 in the
BIOS regardles, THE BIOS WILL TRY TO BOOT THE SILICON IMAGE [RAID] drive as priority [if you only have one drive on the SI controller as SATA2]
.... even when the RAID DRIVES configured and setup in the NVidia raid controller is SETUP, WORKING & SELECTED in the BIOS BOOT OPTION !!!
AS the FIRST BOOT !!!!:thumbdwn:

NO GOOD if you had a RAID RUNNING on the nVidia chipset which has 4x SATA connectors

The Silicon image RAID has 2x SATA but one is external !!!!

other issues may follow

viii

verboten
05-25-06, 05:25 PM
What prevents you from changing it? I had no problem changing my multiplier from 13 to 14. Runs rock solid.

Really!!! The CPU section seems to be greyed out in the BIOS for me. Just to make sure im looking in the right place, could you tell me where you changed your multiplier?

JaxMacFL
05-25-06, 10:00 PM
Really!!! The CPU section seems to be greyed out in the BIOS for me. Just to make sure im looking in the right place, could you tell me where you changed your multiplier?

BIOS > Advanced > Jumperfree Configuration > FID/VID Change

Switch 'FID/VID' from 'Auto' to 'Manual'. This will offer up the multiplier and cpu voltage settings. I have the processor voltage set to '1.3625 (v)'.

Good Luck