PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 3 - incoming :)

Peacemaker
05-18-06, 11:13 AM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/125889/call_of_duty_3_e3_2k6_trailer/

looking good!

greetings,

Peacemaker.

Mr_LoL
05-18-06, 11:25 AM
Cant wait. The call of duty series are my favourite games by far although I hate to admit that the series is becoming a bit stale. The only thing wrong with that trailer is them promoting games that are already out. Nice bit of advertising.

jeffmd
05-18-06, 11:29 AM
amazing footage.. but didnt say anything about coming out for pc. :(

rudedog
05-18-06, 12:25 PM
1) CoD3 is for the next gen console only
2) CoD3 trailers are all pre rendered

There is talk about the next cod coming in 2008 but did not state if that will support the PC platform

Gaco
05-18-06, 12:40 PM
Isn't that trailer pretty old? Anyway it doesn't show anything ingame, which makes it pretty worthless IMO :(

S.I.N
05-18-06, 01:32 PM
Whoever made that should be shot. From in-game footage to pre-rendered fud.:thumbdwn: And whats the deal with only making this for consoles...you telling me that 360 version sold more than the pc version that much?

nekrosoft13
05-18-06, 01:47 PM
haha, that horrible trailer

didn't activision got sued? for showing commercials for pre-rendered footage?

msxyz
05-18-06, 03:02 PM
you telling me that 360 version sold more than the pc version that much?Probably yes. It' still in the top ten several months after launch.

The Xbox360 has some crazy attack rates regarding software. GRAW sold more on the Xbox 360 than on PC and PS2 combined despite the small number of consoles.

Anyway, what I've heard is that Infinity Ward is pursuing two separate projects, one for the PC platform and one for consoles only.

robertonumeruno
05-19-06, 12:06 PM
The only thing wrong with that trailer is them promoting games that are already out. Nice bit of advertising.
Well, duh.. they wanna show that "Hey, we made 2 kick-rectum games, buy our third!"

jolle
05-19-06, 12:54 PM
I think we might be seing alot more games showing up on the PC aswell, when they are developed on XB360.
Or atleast I hope, and that its done right.. MS stressed their focus on the PC platform with their "Games of Windows", prolly mainly for Vista, on their E3 conference.. Live anywhere, crossplatform gaming and messanging systems etc..
Which, if they are comitted to it enough, could be both good or bad I spose..

rudedog
05-19-06, 01:42 PM
CoD3 will not be coming to the PC.

There was talk via their annual shareholders conference call that there will be another CoD title released in 2008 but the platform was not mentioned.

six_storm
05-20-06, 10:55 PM
YES!! Finally, a World War II based FPS game. I've been waiting for one of these for years!!!

/sarcasm :D

(When are they ever gonna give up?)

Mr_LoL
05-21-06, 12:58 AM
YES!! Finally, a World War II based FPS game. I've been waiting for one of these for years!!!

/sarcasm :D

(When are they ever gonna give up?)

You say the same thing in pratically every ww2 game based thread.

six_storm
05-21-06, 08:11 AM
You say the same thing in pratically every ww2 game based thread.

Yuppers. But heck, it's true.

OWA
05-21-06, 11:34 AM
Here's a tip, if you're not into WWII games, skip reading the threads based on WWII games. :) Really, what's the point?