PDA

View Full Version : Forcing AFR?

AdmiralHalsey..
05-18-06, 12:28 PM
Hey guys. First off, tell me if this is right: when show gpu load balancing is enabled, AFR will show as a 1/2 inch wide vertical bar at the left of the screen, and SFR will show as a horizontal bar that goes up and down depending on the load. Now, before I reinstalled windows, Condemned Crimminal Origins ran in AFR, and It was fairly fast, but after a reinstall [using same nvidia 84.43 drivers] Condemned runs with SFR, and It runs like crap. Nhancer doesn't seem to make settings stick too well, and nothing I tried works. And Halo 1 doesn't seem to be using sli at all. For the Record, 3dmark and quake4 are definatly using SLI. Any thoughts on how to force afr, should i write the profile's to registry and then lock it? anyone???

AdmiralHalsey..
05-18-06, 12:32 PM
Better yet, are there any drivers with a Condemned: Criminal Origins Profile built in??? I'm gonna install Fear again and see if its doing the same thing.

AdmiralHalsey..
05-21-06, 01:21 AM
Ok, I just found out about alt-tabbing and stuff. Mod can delete this thread if you want.

OWA
05-21-06, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure why the FEAR engine games are such a pain in that regard. The FEAR demo was the same way initially. Even using the Alt-tab method, I had a hard time getting AFR in the condemned demo. BTW, are you using the full game or demo?