PDA

View Full Version : CORSAIR XMS2 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Not loading Winx64

Digital_Trans
05-18-06, 04:53 PM
I own an Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Intel Edition Motherboard. I recently purchased 4GB of Corsair's XMS2 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Memory. After installing the 4GB of Corsair ram, I booted up Windows XP x64 Pro and all I got was a boot screen with the Windows XP x64 Pro Edition logo and the blue meter bar that loads at the bottom of the screen. I'm sure this has to do with proper timing of the memory. Would anyone know the proper timing for Corsair's memory on my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxr Intel Edition Motherboard? ;)

ViN86
05-18-06, 10:34 PM
i was going to make sure you have PAE enabled with 4GB, but then again youre running Win64, so you should be able to support 4GB no problem....

newegg gives 4-4-4-12 timings as default for 1GB sticks.

Digital_Trans
05-19-06, 01:30 AM
i was going to make sure you have PAE enabled with 4GB, but then again youre running Win64, so you should be able to support 4GB no problem....

newegg gives 4-4-4-12 timings as default for 1GB sticks.

When I go into the system bios I don't see numeric timing settings available for the memory. However, I do see the following options >

Digital_Trans
05-19-06, 01:24 PM
Update: Okay, I finally got ahold of Corsair's Tech Support and they walked me threw the entire timing process. My only problem now is that Windows XP x64 Edition is taking forever to load like 2 minutes or longer. If I take 2GB of the ram out and leave 2GB of ram in my system Windows XP x64 will bootup fast like it use to but, when I put the other 2GB of ram back in the case making it total: 4GB Windows XP x64 takes forever to load. What should I do? :(

ViN86
05-19-06, 01:53 PM
well you could sell 2GB of it. :o

i cant think of anything that would be causing it to be slow. have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Digital_Trans
05-19-06, 04:46 PM
well you could sell 2GB of it. :o

i cant think of anything that would be causing it to be slow. have you tried reinstalling the OS?

No I have not tryed reinstalling Windows XP x64 Pro. I don't know why I'd need to in order to upgrade form 2GB of ram to 4GB of ram. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't make any since to me.
Corair said that it could the Asus Motherboard bios. Last but least Windows XP x64. I don't know and If I did I would share the information.

ViN86
05-19-06, 06:38 PM
No I have not tryed reinstalling Windows XP x64 Pro. I don't know why I'd need to in order to upgrade form 2GB of ram to 4GB of ram. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't make any since to me.
Corair said that it could the Asus Motherboard bios. Last but least Windows XP x64. I don't know and If I did I would share the information.
youre totally right, you shouldnt need to reinstall to upgrade to 4GB, but i was just thinkin it might have been corrupted or something, as memory errors do that with the nforce4 chipset. do you have the latest BIOS?

im perplexed... :confused:

Digital_Trans
05-20-06, 07:16 AM
youre totally right, you shouldnt need to reinstall to upgrade to 4GB, but i was just thinkin it might have been corrupted or something, as memory errors do that with the nforce4 chipset. do you have the latest BIOS?

im perplexed... :confused:

Yes, I have the latest bios version. Corsair said it's the Asus bios not their memory.

ViN86
05-20-06, 02:41 PM
you know anyone else that has a mobo with 64 bit cpu you could try the sticks in? i would test em.

Digital_Trans
05-20-06, 04:31 PM
you know anyone else that has a mobo with 64 bit cpu you could try the sticks in? i would test em. Yes, I did test all the ram already. Each stick worked perfectly when I tested each one in single mode,
Meaning I only put 1GB of the ram in the first ram slot on the motherboard and booted up Windows XP x64 and everything checked out perfectly.
Aside from running Windows XP x64 with 4GB of ram, my bootup time takes 1 minute. Maybe I should run Memtest to see if I've got unknown
memory issues. Also, I have the most recent nvidia nForce4 Chipset drivers for WinXP x64 Pro.

Digital_Trans
06-02-06, 01:38 AM
I finally got the Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard to inable and fully run my 4Gb's of Corsair DDR2 memory. In the Asus bios there's a feature under advanced chipset that allows you to inable or disable memory revamp.
When enabled, it will allow remapping of over lapped PCI Memory above the total physical memory.

-Knowledge is power! :D