PDA

View Full Version : Counterstrike Source Packet Loss

anticitizenzero
05-18-06, 05:23 PM
I just moved into a new house, we have a wireless router, with comcast internet. When I try to play counterstrike source, any server I join, I get horrible packetloss/choke, as well as a pretty high ping, the game is unplayable. Does anyone know a fix for this, I have tryed changing my rates ect...

watever
05-18-06, 05:40 PM
wireless sucks for internet gaming.. Try to use a cable to ur router and see if that fixes ur problem.

AthlonXP1800
05-18-06, 11:21 PM
wireless sucks for internet gaming.. Try to use a cable to ur router and see if that fixes ur problem.

Nope my wireless didnt sucks for internet gaming since updated the latest Linksys router firmware so I strongly recommend you both to flash the latest firmware that should fix wireless gaming issues.

Infinity666
05-18-06, 11:30 PM

It depends on how its setup.. ive played over my friends wireless w/ two other computers in cs:s no problem and he only has 1mb/768k wireless so....

But I would recomend using a wired setup, but your problems are most likely caused by the router or steam itself

Sazar
05-19-06, 09:28 AM
I just moved into a new house, we have a wireless router, with comcast internet. When I try to play counterstrike source, any server I join, I get horrible packetloss/choke, as well as a pretty high ping, the game is unplayable. Does anyone know a fix for this, I have tryed changing my rates ect...

CS:S has issues with settings IMO.

I always have to reconfigure my rates when a new patch comes out.

If the issue is severe, first try re-installing the game (and steam) and THEN trouble-shoot. The re-installation might fix your problem for you.