PDA

View Full Version : Hitman : Blood Money

Pages : [1] 2

Peoples-Agent
05-18-06, 09:25 PM
Thought I would share this snippet with you.

For all you folks, including I, who have laid out hard earned cash for that pre-order. I got a little early treat for you, not sure if you know this stuff already, but this will show you how CRAP the Graw engine really is.

Remember that "myth" about fancy lighting Post Filters and AA at the same time? ....this game puts that well and truly to rest, as such.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/damolee/Options.jpg

And the result of these settings.....

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/damolee/HMPFandAA.jpg

What do we know, AA and HDR done very nicely indeed.

And even on my rig, which is fairly mid-range by todays standards, you get quite comfortable frame rates, with the Post Filtering effects maxed this is the result.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/damolee/PFHIGH.jpg

What an amazing piece of work they have done on this game, seriously.

This really goes to show what a turd Graw really is.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/565400/Hitman_Blood_Money/Product.html

£17-99?

I would pay three times that much for this game.

This is a cracking piece of innovation, and goes to prove how good coding can enable a fully scalable engine aswell as offer new and wonderful lighting effects WITH AA!

stevemedes
05-18-06, 09:30 PM
Kay so because H:BM can do HDR and AA at the same time, this directly causes GRAW to be a turd? Gameplay before graphics people.

mike686
05-18-06, 09:32 PM
Umm...GRAW's gameplay is in turd territory too.

Peoples-Agent
05-18-06, 09:35 PM
Kay so because H:BM can do HDR and AA at the same time, this directly causes GRAW to be a turd? Gameplay before graphics people.

No, it's a turd because a game of that calibre SHOULD have at the very least a setting for AA.

I hate zooming in on a pile of twigs. I find the original Ghost Recon far more pleasurable on the eye and that's years old.

Hitman : Blood Money FTW!

stevemedes
05-18-06, 09:36 PM
I happen to think GRAW's gameplay is fun and very engrossing, admittedly with it's shortcomings.

jAkUp
05-18-06, 09:44 PM
That game does not have FP HDR, that is why you get AA, once again, its a limitation of the hardware no the engine. Oblivion, Farcry and Splinter Cell are the same way.

Peoples-Agent
05-18-06, 09:55 PM
That game does not have FP HDR, that is why you get AA, once again, its a limitation of the hardware no the engine. Oblivion, Farcry and Splinter Cell are the same way.

Hitman's HDR looks alot better IMO.

When you go into a busted up old theatre and see the light coming through and shining through cobwebs and stuff, pure breathtaking.

SH64
05-18-06, 10:49 PM
Hmm HDR looks nice .. textures are low res though.
overall it reminds me of Source engine (with HDR).

Peoples-Agent
05-18-06, 10:57 PM

The textures look better with Self Shadowing turned on.

It to come off, otherwise it runs like a slideshow.

stevemedes
05-18-06, 10:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing! the architecture sure does look similar.

de><ta
05-18-06, 11:59 PM
Hitman Blood Money is out?

myshkinbob
05-19-06, 12:10 AM
hitman: BM is out since about 5pm EST if you know where to look. ;)

(yes, behind the sofa! go go go!!!)

(after that, try the starforce forums, they'll have tons of links) :D

About GRAW, i thought it had been established that AA was precluded by the deferred rendering and not the post effects. i.e. the use of deferred rendering on the textures to achieve more complex or subtle lighting.

So far as the lighting of world surfaces goes, graw does seem to have an edge on hitman's very Source-like flat and uniform lighting in outdoor areas. At least going by those screenshots. :)

nekrosoft13
05-19-06, 08:10 AM
where does it say HDR in the options?

agentkay
05-19-06, 09:30 AM
Already pirated and still a week away from release. :(

Peoples-Agent
05-19-06, 11:21 AM
Already pirated and still a week away from release. :(

My copy is bought and paid for, so I aint bothered.

It's only £18, that's nothing. That's like bargain bucket price....
www.play.com is awesome, I bet in the shops here it will retail for £30 easy.

S.I.N
05-19-06, 12:14 PM
Why the hell would you actully pay for it if its already installed on your system. Out of the goodness of your heart?:confused:

CaptNKILL
05-19-06, 12:21 PM
Why the hell would you actully pay for it if its already installed on your system. Out of the goodness of your heart?:confused:
Yeah, some people actually DO have a concience as well as some respect for developers :D

On a semi-related note, I "tried" Call of Cthulhu last night because I didnt know if I'd like it or not (the reviews said the save point system was frustrating and I wasnt sure if Id be able to handle that). I played it for 3 1\2 hours straight and couldnt pull myself away from it, so I immediately went and purchased it online.

Lfctony
05-19-06, 12:28 PM
I'll wait for reviews, didn't enjoy previous Hitman games much...

de><ta
05-19-06, 12:30 PM
Hitman contracts was a let down. Damn I am so freakin tempted... :(

jAkUp
05-19-06, 12:34 PM
Yea, Contracts did blow. Hitman 1 and 2 were revolutionary in my mind. The freedom was incredible. Also, the demo comes out in 2 days!!! :D

johnkeel105
05-19-06, 03:03 PM
OK whew the demo. I almost wanted to get it the other way then buy it. Instead Ill play the demo then buy the game.

agentkay
05-19-06, 06:18 PM
My copy is bought and paid for, so I aint bothered.

It's only £18, that's nothing. That's like bargain bucket price....
www.play.com is awesome, I bet in the shops here it will retail for £30 easy.

Dude, did I accuse you or anyone else of pirating? No I didn“t, I was just generally speaking about my disappointment how ****ing fast this game was leaked. A full week BEFORE release. **** like this digging the PC gaming grave. :(

BioHazZarD
05-20-06, 06:24 AM
Yes but dont worry its only a clone and ive been reading lots of thoose people who downloaded it cant be able to run it hahaa.

maxbero
05-20-06, 07:34 AM
Hitman's HDR looks alot better IMO.

When you go into a busted up old theatre and see the light coming through and shining through cobwebs and stuff, pure breathtaking.

I think it's bloom.

Peoples-Agent
05-20-06, 07:49 AM

So you can use patches, the fact I had already paid for it helps too.

With places like play.com , if you buy the games month or more before release they are always atleast £10 cheaper.

AgentKay, that's nothing dude.
Your find some are weeks before actual release, which is shocking.