PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up: BFG 7900 GTX and DFI motherboards

weevil
05-19-06, 04:42 AM
After a nightmare with BFG 7900 GTX OC reported in the large 7900 GTX problems thread I have now heard from Shane at BFG 24/7 email support and he tells me that BFG knows that there are 'random issues with DFI boards'

Now he tells me.

DFI Lanparty SLI-DR motherboard - which ran XFX 6800 OC SLI with no problems for a long time...

I've asked him to tell me where he got this information before I contact DFI support to ask them for help on these 'random issues'

If anyone knows about this problem with DFI motherboards could you let me know please?

I'm nervous of going to all the trouble of getting another mobo from another manufacturer and then finding I've got the same problems with these BFG 7900 cards - been there done that a few times on advice from tech-support giving rather offhand advice "It's someone else's problem..."

rflair
05-19-06, 06:35 AM
Asus has apparently released a BIOS for thier SLI boards to fix problems with the newwer 7900 series cards, some people have said it did nothing however, probably just auto disables ASUS built in overclocking in the BIOS, PEG or whatever its called.

I think people are just grasping at staws now trying to figure out whats wrong with the 7900, by wrong I mean such a high failure rate.

My first 7900GT was a bum card, the second one however is running like a champ, this is on DFI board.