PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX prediction for retail date

ZenmasteR
02-02-03, 12:08 PM
won't actually hit retail even limited till April 2nd.

this "delay" probably won't be due to the cooling issue more to do with the board.

:afro:

scott123
02-02-03, 12:14 PM
If they are still in delay mode by April, I will cancel my GF/FX pre-order, go to newegg, get a AMD-2700+ and skip a video card product cycle.

Scott

Uttar
02-02-03, 12:34 PM
And not even a single data to back that idea :rolleyes:
Not anything which might justify that. Nothing.

Guess what... that's not correct.

Uttar

scott123
02-02-03, 01:23 PM
Well were are the pic then?

BFG/PNY/Gainward/etc, have all announced they are making the GFFX, but not one of them has a working pic for the public to view (Just the box). If they are a week or two from retail you would think there would be a few completed samples for us to see.

Im not speculating, just wondering.

Scott

Uttar
02-02-03, 01:39 PM
My guess is still late Feb for limited avaibility, mid March for mass avaibility.
I don't think we're one or two week away from avaibility; more like 3 or 4 weeks.
Most certainly not anywhere near April for limited avaibility, however!

Uttar

jAkUp
02-02-03, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ZenmasteR
won't actually hit retail even limited till April 2nd.

this "delay" probably won't be due to the cooling issue more to do with the board.
and what info do you have to base this on??

pny, and abit have both revealed what their cards look like. im guessing about late feb... i guess im gonna have to format again:mad: my windows xp expires in 13 days... i was gonna activate after i got my card:(

-=DVS=-
02-02-03, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
i guess im gonna have to format again:mad: my windows xp expires in 13 days... i was gonna activate after i got my card:(

lol win xp is sure a pain in the ass arn't they :D but you can activate no worries , incase you have home edition and exceedet 3 time activation you can always call custumer support and tell them i upgraded my hardware and need to activate again bla bla... worked for me ;) they reset it to 3 activations again.

And or try getting warez WinXp pro corporate ed

digitalwanderer
02-02-03, 02:32 PM
Yup. I can publically announce here that the GF FX will officially become available on April 6th, 5 days after the R350 (or 9900, or whatever the hell they're gonna call it...ATI has got some evil/weird naming schemes too) is available on your local shops shelfs. :)

It's just too easy to predict! April 6th is my 37th birthday and it would be the perfect present to be able to have fun making fun of 'em all day, not to mention that you just KNOW that ATI is going to cut loose with the R350 on April Fool's Day so we can all have some fun at nVidia's expense. :p

jAkUp
02-02-03, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
lol win xp is sure a pain in the ass arn't they :D but you can activate no worries , incase you have home edition and exceedet 3 time activation you can always call custumer support and tell them i upgraded my hardware and need to activate again bla bla... worked for me ;) they reset it to 3 activations again.

And or try getting warez WinXp pro corporate ed

hehe well the thing is... i ummm... *cough* also installed it on my dads computer *cough* and since its an oem version...... i think it only gives me 1 activation.... right now when i try it to activate online, it says im out of thingys..lol so im gonna try to call and tell them what "really happened" :D

SlyBoots
02-02-03, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Yup. I can publically announce here that the GF FX will officially become available on April 6th, 5 days after the R350 (or 9900, or whatever the hell they're gonna call it...ATI has got some evil/weird naming schemes too) is available on your local shops shelfs. :)

It's just too easy to predict! April 6th is my 37th birthday and it would be the perfect present to be able to have fun making fun of 'em all day, not to mention that you just KNOW that ATI is going to cut loose with the R350 on April Fool's Day so we can all have some fun at nVidia's expense. :p

:D 4/6/66 The ship I was on was in the navy yards in Philly getting final preps for deployment to 'nam....

scott123
02-02-03, 07:07 PM
So where is an actual pic of PNY's GFFX? I pre-ordered a PNY and I have seen nothing. On their web-site they just show a box.

Scott

R9700PRO
02-02-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by scott123
If they are still in delay mode by April, I will cancel my GF/FX pre-order, go to newegg, get a AMD-2700+ and skip a video card product cycle.

Scott you are still waiting for that heap of cr/ap, fanboyism is blinding to say the least, guess you have a good job, because you like to burn money.

Lezmaka
02-02-03, 07:31 PM
So where is an actual pic of PNY's GFFX? I pre-ordered a PNY and I have seen nothing. On their web-site they just show a box.

Scott

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7423

scott123
02-02-03, 08:45 PM
Umm...it kinda looks like PNY is superimposed on the the picture, like its just a Nvidia reference, and not an actual PNY produced card.

Scott

Bigus Dickus
02-02-03, 10:25 PM
Umm...it kinda looks like PNY is superimposed on the the picture, like its just a Nvidia reference, and not an actual PNY produced card.

Scott Yep, that looks very fake.

scott123
02-02-03, 11:22 PM
I predict we will have another announcment from Nvidia pushing it back another 2 weeks.

Scott

Uttar
02-03-03, 12:08 PM
R9700P: I'm mostly interested in seeing what their technology is able to do. I barely care about their AA & Aniso performance, sincerly. It's a very nice bonus but if I wanted AA performance, I'd wait for the NV35 ;)

Uttar

Smokey
02-03-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by R9700PRO
you are still waiting for that heap of cr/ap, fanboyism is blinding to say the least, guess you have a good job, because you like to burn money.

:rolleyes: look at your name :rolleyes: Scott also forgot that the pre-retail card with bad drivers, was still faster than a 9700Pro in most tests run by 5+ more websites, again :rolleyes:

Steppy
02-03-03, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
:rolleyes: look at your name :rolleyes: Scott also forgot that the pre-retail card with bad drivers, was still faster than a 9700Pro in most tests run by 5+ more websites, again :rolleyes: Marginally faster than the 6 month old 9700, and hitting the streets literally weeks before the 9700's successor.

Sazar
02-03-03, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
:rolleyes: look at your name :rolleyes: Scott also forgot that the pre-retail card with bad drivers, was still faster than a 9700Pro in most tests run by 5+ more websites, again :rolleyes:

yes ati should sit down and rethink their video cards to give their players 9000 fps and all IQ represented by blocks taking up 1/5th the screen...

woohooo... horay for technology... who cares about IQ... I can play my games with frame rates 15 times what the human eye can distinguish... but wait... I am special so I can tell the difference...

btw my blocks AA and FSAA is better than yours... they are all nicely smudged and smeared all over the place and look PERFECT... honest... so who cares if the pictures say otherwise... the pictures are wrong... I should take pictures of the boxes in their natural environment during the full moon while facing north in order to give PERFECT rendering...

:D

-tongue in cheek-

abb
02-05-03, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
Yep, that looks very fake. No, I got their Ti4600 the day it hit the shelves and it to looks exactly like Nvidias reference card, whereas Asus, Leadtek, and Gainward all had their own designs. It could be actual.
Abb

Bigus Dickus
02-05-03, 08:43 AM
It's just the way that sticker on the fan looks. It doesn't look "natural." Really looks like it was photoshopped into the picture.

abb
02-05-03, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
It's just the way that sticker on the fan looks. It doesn't look "natural." Really looks like it was photoshopped into the picture. Also their reference card has a yellow fan duct whereas the Pny card has a clear one. Last year, Pny was one of the first to offer the Ti4600 to consumers. I think that this card is actual. lets hope that it will ship on time with decent drivers.
Abb

Viper118
02-05-03, 11:33 AM
As of late, PNY boards have not been green. They've been purple. That makes me think that it is a fake image.

Also, why would the Inquirer have a picture of it but PNY's site not?

R9700PRO
02-05-03, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uttar
[B]R9700P: I'm mostly interested in seeing what their technology is able to do. I barely care about their AA & Aniso performance, sincerly. It's a very nice bonus but if I wanted AA performance, I'd wait for the NV35 ;) ] I thought you where all waiting for the R300 killer, the NV30=bust, and yoou all waited 6 months for it, now you will wait another 6 months for the NV35, you make me laugh, what will happen when the NV35 craps out against the R400, will you wait for the NV40, you Nvidiots crack me up.