PDA

View Full Version : How do I enable vsync, refresh rate, and show FPS in Battlefield 1942?

DXnfiniteFX
02-02-03, 12:08 PM
Are there console commands for video options in this game? I've been searching around and couldn't find anything.

I know MOHAA has the "r_swapinterval" command for vsync, the "r_displayrefresh x" for refresh rate and "fps 1" for FPS counter.

Can I enable these in Battlefield? I hate the "breaking" in the game. I would appreciate it if someone could answer these simple questions.

-=DVS=-
02-02-03, 02:43 PM
Very simple you get your self Fraps at www.fraps.com and get your FPS in every game you want except Half-Life offcourse :rolleyes:

DXnfiniteFX
02-03-03, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the idea. I'll see to it later. However, my main concern now is vertical sync. Anyone got any idea on a possible console command or something?

How about refresh rates? I would like to force the refresh rate to the top my monitor offers with vertical sync on.

mwat
02-03-03, 05:40 PM
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings and open VideoDefault.con with wordpad/notepad and set renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 to renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 this will allow you to choose refresh rates through your video options in game. As for Vsync I would just use your nVidia control panel and force to always be on under you D3D settings. Not sure if there's a command for it though. USE FRAPS....but if you want to use the game fps display bring down the console and use console.showfps 1 just like that.

Cheers