PDA

View Full Version : oh my f**king god!! Red steel video!!

oldsk00l
05-19-06, 08:43 PM
This might be old, but holy sh** does this game look awesome as hell.

http://redsteelgame.us.ubi.com/

Saibot
05-20-06, 02:08 AM
I think I'm starting to like their new controller - that looks sweet.

Edge
05-20-06, 03:28 AM
I was excited about this game until I read the E3 impressions and saw the gameplay videos of it. It sounds like they have a lot of work to do before it will really as well as they're presenting it, for example the sword combat consists of pre-set attack animations from one of 8 directions, and blocking is more or less the same as Oblivion's. Also the E3 demo looked far different than the trailers did, it looks like the graphics took a big hit. Hopefully they'll be able to fix up the issues and get the game looking like it does in the screenshots.

CaptNKILL
05-20-06, 03:40 AM
Looks fun :)

Peoples-Agent
05-20-06, 07:54 AM
Imagine if you had some people over playing a 2 player sports game... be diving round the living room shouting "NINTENDO WTF"

Gaco
05-20-06, 04:43 PM
I was excited about this game until I read the E3 impressions and saw the gameplay videos of it. It sounds like they have a lot of work to do before it will really as well as they're presenting it, for example the sword combat consists of pre-set attack animations from one of 8 directions, and blocking is more or less the same as Oblivion's. Also the E3 demo looked far different than the trailers did, it looks like the graphics took a big hit. Hopefully they'll be able to fix up the issues and get the game looking like it does in the screenshots.

Exactly. The danish media I've spoken to were pretty disappointed over Red Steel as well. I really do hope they'll fix this game up good as I'm buying a Nintendo Wii, and Red Steel would make a fine addition to the arsenal :)

jAkUp
05-20-06, 10:26 PM
I dunno if I can handle swinging my arms around for a few hours :D Sounds tiring.. hehe

oldsk00l
05-21-06, 12:17 AM
I dunno if I can handle swinging my arms around for a few hours :D Sounds tiring.. hehe

Yeah but we all know how good you are at making repetitive arm motions ;)

jAkUp
05-21-06, 10:57 AM
Yea but thats only a few minutes... not a few hours :D

Zelda_fan
05-21-06, 05:07 PM
Yea but thats only a few minutes... not a few hours :D

psssh... pathetic

DJMONDY
05-22-06, 06:32 AM
Looks awsome doesnt it!

I loved this video. the guy in it plays the part really well!

Cracks me up when he shoots the 4 guys behind the table, the expression on his face is great.

Cant wait for this and mario galaxy.

Gaco
05-22-06, 06:50 AM
Looks awsome doesnt it!

I loved this video. the guy in it plays the part really well!

Cracks me up when he shoots the 4 guys behind the table, the expression on his face is great.

Cant wait for this and mario galaxy.

Still don't get your hopes too high. As I said, various press folks have expressed their disappointment with the E3 playable version and concern for the final version. Apparently the trailer that is being linked in this thread is a very deliberate and well presentated trailer, but lacks connection to the reality. But we'll see.. :)

DJMONDY
05-22-06, 07:49 AM
With any luck they will listen to peoples opinions on the game and fix whats needs to be fixed.

With the ingame vids ive seen it does look very awkward to turn around left and right and looking up looks to be a problem.

Plenty of time to fix these problems though, hopefully!

Edge
05-22-06, 07:55 AM
Yikes, I forgot about this comparison image that showed the difference between the "in-trailer" and "in-game" graphics. Hope it ends up looking more like the left pictures than the right ones. It's like it went from slightly above Xbox quality to a first-gen PS2 title...

http://i4.tinypic.com/10eg0b7.jpg

Pafet
05-22-06, 12:59 PM
It looks like he's having a hard time strafing... how does that supposed to work?