PDA

View Full Version : Key PS3 launch titles put back to 2007

ENU291
05-20-06, 02:25 PM
Just another sign that the PS3 should not launch in 2006.

LINK! (http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=Key+PS3+launch+titles+put+back+t o+2007&id=4632&sid=4539504f3906aafaeab8e67351f46f7a)

msxyz
05-20-06, 05:37 PM
Why not ? Xbox 360 proved that people are ready to pay 7-800$ for a console and maybe a couple of games at best

I'm sure the PS3 will be a sought prize among tech geeks the next winter.

LiquidX
05-20-06, 05:57 PM
There are still alot of potential great games that are still coming this year and Sony definitely cannot risk not launching this year.

Brimstone7
05-20-06, 07:11 PM
From a gamer's point of view of course they should wait a while until they have all of their AAA titles polished and ready to go. From a business point of view, waiting any longer would be suicide. They need to be able to tell their shareholders they have a product on the market, even if there aren't any games worth buying.

brady
05-20-06, 08:14 PM
Yeah, they simply cannot miss another holiday shopping season.

Mr_LoL
05-21-06, 01:02 AM
"We've built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even if it didn't have games,
Very interesting quote which is probably true. They could have no game and people (myself include) will still buy. Fanboyism.

msxyz
05-21-06, 07:07 AM
Sony is banking on its brand recognition, that's for sure, and they even admit it with no shame whatsoever.

But it's not a good thing for the consumers, because ite demotes competition and it doesn't immediately reward the efforts of those people who strieve to offer a superior product. A typical example (albeit on another ground) is AMD, still failing to expand beyond 20-25% of the total processor market despite owning Intel in almost every benchmark for the past three years.

npras42
05-21-06, 09:07 AM
This is just bulls***. Companies like Sony don't release specific worldwide release dates and price points for their most important upcoming product and then change their mind. If they were being vague then I could believe it, but after giving it a firm date, it won't be delayed. Maybe a couple of days here and there (probably due to logistical issues) but not a couple of months.

Tygerwoody
05-21-06, 10:15 AM
omg how pointless. 3 CRAPPY games are being pushed back. Who cares about these games? Really.

Bad_Boy
05-21-06, 11:44 AM
motorstorm doesnt look crappy by far imo. heavenly sword....hell no definately not crappy, are you blind? formula one?....crap. :p

brady
05-21-06, 12:28 PM
I think sony should just cancel the ps3. Kidding.

Marvel_us
05-21-06, 12:54 PM
Not really a big deal at all. Those games will still come out a few months into 2007 and PS3 will still sell out at launch.

|MaguS|
05-21-06, 01:21 PM
Question, When did Sony ever announce any launch titles other then Resistence and Warhawk? Also isn't this from the guy who gave a wrong quote on the PS3's price?

MotorStorm was shown off playable at E3 in an old build with still 6 months till launch... Take a look here, they talked to the guy at E3, yet in this article its clearly stated that its aiming for a launch release.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707911p1.html

Hmm so CVG posts an article on the 19th about an E3 interview (way past the E3 Expo) stating a delay yet IGN states that the game is on track AT E3...

Who to believe....

S.I.N
05-21-06, 01:36 PM
Question, When did Sony ever announce any launch titles other then Resistence and Warhawk? Also isn't this from the guy who gave a wrong quote on the PS3's price?

MotorStorm was shown off playable at E3 in an old build with still 6 months till launch... Take a look here, they talked to the guy at E3, yet in this article its clearly stated that its aiming for a launch release.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707911p1.html

Hmm so CVG posts an article on the 19th about an E3 interview (way past the E3 Expo) stating a delay yet IGN states that the game is on track AT E3...

Who to believe....

The Sony CEO?:clever:

|MaguS|
05-21-06, 01:47 PM
The Sony CEO?:clever:

Of Europe Devision... like they get told anything ever... Europeans are usually clueless till the last minute...

Just look up many of the things he said, most were incorrect... he talks off the handle without any confirmation from home office.

Strike one: PSP Delayed in Europe (his decision)
Strike two: Claimed that Sony had no commitment to a worldwide launch, which we now know isn't true.
strike three: PS3 to have DVR Function... which as far as we all know isn't true...

/runs off

evilchris
05-21-06, 02:49 PM
strike three: PS3 to have DVR Function... which as far as we all know isn't true...

/runs off

Well that would be pointless... a DVR in a console. Would need 2 ATSC tuners to be worth a damn.

|MaguS|
05-21-06, 03:00 PM
Well that would be pointless... a DVR in a console. Would need 2 ATSC tuners to be worth a damn.

Exactly... if it were true the PS3 would also need more then a 60GB HD aswell... TV Episodes take up tons of room... my DVRs 200GB is usually full.

evilchris
05-21-06, 04:10 PM
Exactly... if it were true the PS3 would also need more then a 60GB HD aswell... TV Episodes take up tons of room... my DVRs 200GB is usually full.

Same. I have an 8300HD and it's always full. Thank god it has that external SATA port, I put a 400GB drive on it.

Nv40
05-22-06, 02:58 AM
THe first 5 million of consoles will be bough by hardcore gamers ,that SOny have.. from those 100 millions user base in the PS2. There is nothing to worry . by the time Ps3's can be bough by normal people that do not camp at the front of the stores ,we will be in 2007 ,where most of the delayed games and others not delayed will be ready to ship.
The real race begins after The first 5 millions of PS3's are arealdy sold after that , the average gamer will need to be convinced By SOny with released games . I will love to get one not only to play PS3 games but PS2 games .neither xbox1 or Ps2 made me to want a console until i saw GOd of wars ,Shadow of the colossus and Devil may cry games. im sure there will be many more to re-discover and 100% compatible in the Ps3 ,thanks to the excelent support that SOny always give to all their previous consoles.

inthe other side, i dont know why on earth people buy xbox360's ,when they can get PC's and play the games with higher resolutions and graphics. people with low end pc's not wanting to ever upgrade again their computers are justified but all others is a mistery for me ,because there arent any good exclusives out there ,compatibility sucks with previous xbox1 console and the games already released arent anything special ,just very average games ,that not many people will ever buy them if they were told they are just Pcgames. the good ones that everyone knows and are waiting will not be released until the end of year in the best case or could end being delayed to 2007.

|MaguS|
05-22-06, 03:12 AM
The X360 is a great console, sure I prefer Sony's consoles usually but there is nothing wrong with the X360. Many great titles will be releasing for it this year... many which are exclusive.

Stop being so dam blind...

Edge
05-22-06, 03:14 AM
omg how pointless. 3 CRAPPY games are being pushed back. Who cares about these games? Really.
Yeah, we don't need crappy games like these at launch! There will be LOTS of other crappy games to choose from!

i dont know why on earth people buy xbox360's ,when they can get PC's and play the games with higher resolutions and graphics.
Because only a few of the major games on the Xbox 360 are available on the PC (not to mention it's much cheaper for many people to buy an Xbox 360 than upgrade their PC)

slick
05-22-06, 02:47 PM
The X360 is a great console, sure I prefer Sony's consoles usually but there is nothing wrong with the X360. Many great titles will be releasing for it this year... many which are exclusive.

Stop being so dam blind...

*Heart attack*

Pinch me I'm dreaming. (wack)

THe first 5 million of consoles will be bough by hardcore gamers ,that SOny have.. from those 100 millions user base in the PS2. There is nothing to worry . by the time Ps3's can be bough by normal people that do not camp at the front of the stores ,we will be in 2007 ,where most of the delayed games and others not delayed will be ready to ship.
The real race begins after The first 5 millions of PS3's are arealdy sold after that , the average gamer will need to be convinced By SOny with released games . I will love to get one not only to play PS3 games but PS2 games .neither xbox1 or Ps2 made me to want a console until i saw GOd of wars ,Shadow of the colossus and Devil may cry games. im sure there will be many more to re-discover and 100% compatible in the Ps3 ,thanks to the excelent support that SOny always give to all their previous consoles.

inthe other side, i dont know why on earth people buy xbox360's ,when they can get PC's and play the games with higher resolutions and graphics. people with low end pc's not wanting to ever upgrade again their computers are justified but all others is a mistery for me ,because there arent any good exclusives out there ,compatibility sucks with previous xbox1 console and the games already released arent anything special ,just very average games ,that not many people will ever buy them if they were told they are just Pcgames. the good ones that everyone knows and are waiting will not be released until the end of year in the best case or could end being delayed to 2007.

You're still ignorant. Fix that sometime, eh?

|MaguS|
05-22-06, 02:58 PM
*Heart attack*

Pinch me I'm dreaming.

:alc: