PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Pages : [1] 2

six_storm
05-20-06, 10:57 PM
Anybody been playing this or have already played it? I just grabbed it yesterday while playing it at my local Best Buy. Talk about a fun game. I LOVE IT! The songs could have been better but I'm having a blast trying to get perfection on each song. I highly recommend this game to anyone with a PS2.

toxikneedle
05-21-06, 12:09 AM
Did you get the guitar too?

six_storm
05-21-06, 08:12 AM
Did you get the guitar too?

Oh yeah. The guitar controller rocks! I play a little guitar in real life so it was fun to see how the two compare lol. Guitar Hero II comes out in November with a ton of more songs!!! Can't wait!

Ninjaman09
05-21-06, 10:11 AM
Yes, I have this game and am slightly addicted to it. I have got pretty far on Hard but I ran into a few songs I can't quite complete. The game is a lot of fun though.

ralinn
05-21-06, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I have it. Very fun game and the songs are great.

I don't really see how the songs could have been better though, surely that's down to taste in music ^_^

I'm on hard now... really not looking forward to Bark at the moon (Ozzy), even on medium, that song was freaking hard!

Gaco
05-21-06, 11:11 AM
Guitar Hero 2 - #1 reason to buy a PS2 :)

nrdstrm
05-21-06, 05:18 PM
I cought a little of GH2 at E3. Didn't get any video though sorry. They were stuck down in Kentia hall...They had sort of a "Stage" built with professional musicians and some hot model girls holding the controllers...

six_storm
05-22-06, 07:26 PM
I don't really see how the songs could have been better though, surely that's down to taste in music ^_^

I like the music in GH a lot but most of the songs are oldies (not saying that they don't rock :D). I'd rather play along with some Linkin Park, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Incubus (a different song than Stellar; maybe Wish You Were Here or Nice to Know You). I'd like to see more of the newer generation music.

I also wish that the guitar shop in GH was a little more exciting and rewarding. Not a whole lot of things to do in there. But hey, I'm not complaining cuz I'm addicted!!!

Mr. Hunt
05-22-06, 07:53 PM
I like the music in GH a lot but most of the songs are oldies (not saying that they don't rock :D). I'd rather play along with some Linkin Park, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Incubus (a different song than Stellar; maybe Wish You Were Here or Nice to Know You). I'd like to see more of the newer generation music.

I also wish that the guitar shop in GH was a little more exciting and rewarding. Not a whole lot of things to do in there. But hey, I'm not complaining cuz I'm addicted!!!

You people are the reason only half of Guitar Hero is good... I can't stand having "Take It Off" in a "Shredder" section... we need Yngwie... we need Zepp.... we need Halen... we DO NOT need crappy "nu rock" that sucks so bad and is just the same thing over and over again with NO solos... I WANT SOLOS!

a12ctic
05-22-06, 08:38 PM
You people are the reason only half of Guitar Hero is good... I can't stand having "Take It Off" in a "Shredder" section... we need Yngwie... we need Zepp.... we need Halen... we DO NOT need crappy "nu rock" that sucks so bad and is just the same thing over and over again with NO solos... I WANT SOLOS!
agree with you partialy, zep and haleen would be awsome. But also, some metal, like slayer, in flames, through the eyes of the dead, you know the good **** ;)

six_storm
05-23-06, 01:00 AM

Haha. Funny guy! I have respect for the older stuff no doubt (stuff is hard to play in the game!!!) but I'd like to see more new stuff. I thought it would be the coolest idea if they made it to where you can hook up the ol' iPod and play tracks from it . . then everybody would be happy!!!

Like I've said a gizzilion times on these boards . . Different strokes for different folks!

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 01:16 AM

I agree but some bands mentioned have some amazing solos, take Slipknot for instance... there are some hard ass solos preformed by Mick Thompson.

Mr. Hunt
05-23-06, 07:02 AM
Haha. Funny guy! I have respect for the older stuff no doubt (stuff is hard to play in the game!!!) but I'd like to see more new stuff. I thought it would be the coolest idea if they made it to where you can hook up the ol' iPod and play tracks from it . . then everybody would be happy!!!

Like I've said a gizzilion times on these boards . . Different strokes for different folks!

I wish with part 2 they would just release a different version for each genre... I could just get classic rock and pure 80s shred stuff... none of this linkin park or crap like that.

Also, http://antonstruyk.com/freetar/ (think that is it).

ralinn
05-23-06, 07:21 AM
Anyone played Bark at the Moon perfectly yet? ^_^

My fingers fell off at the solo!

Mr. Hunt
05-23-06, 07:43 AM
Anyone played Bark at the Moon perfectly yet? ^_^

My fingers fell off at the solo!

Think my best is like 99% on Medium... higher than medium gets hard for me because of that darn orange fret.

six_storm
05-25-06, 12:36 AM
The orange fret button sucks right now lol. I'm about half way through the song list on Hard and it's literally hard. But heck, what a great addictive game!!!!

Mr. Hunt
05-25-06, 02:07 AM
The orange fret button sucks right now lol. I'm about half way through the song list on Hard and it's literally hard. But heck, what a great addictive game!!!!

Yeah... another problem for me is trying to jump right from Medium to Extreme lol :\.... moves so fast and the orange button screws me up too bad.

Ninjaman09
05-25-06, 08:04 AM
Just keep practicing on Hard until you get used to shifting your fingers. Once you get the hang of it, it gets a lot easier. Expert is pretty manageable for me now but the super-fast solos still kill me.

ralinn
05-25-06, 01:17 PM
Up to Ace of spades on hard now.

Hands hurting... but must keep playing...

emacs
06-28-06, 08:32 PM
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon at expert level. a score of 375K!!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1487775183557531949

Mr. Hunt
06-28-06, 09:01 PM
I guess I will also talk about GH2 now... GH2 is going to be extremely awesome... Rush, Van Halen, Primus, etc.... and they still haven't announced all of the songs yet (only like 6?)... I really am hoping for some Led Zepp, some more Queen, and that kind of stuff... and I WILL be buying the second game with another guitar so that me and my brother can totally do the two player stuff.

Gaco
07-04-06, 05:19 AM
Just keep practicing on Hard until you get used to shifting your fingers. Once you get the hang of it, it gets a lot easier. Expert is pretty manageable for me now but the super-fast solos still kill me.

Do you strum both ways? I'm thinking about adapting that into my play, but it's a bit hard to learn I think.. Just can't nail all of those really fast node clusters :(

ralinn
07-04-06, 05:42 PM
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon at expert level. a score of 375K!!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1487775183557531949
THAT...

Is just INSANE!

The reward for doing that song perfectly on expert should be a new Guitar controller shipped to you.

evilchris
07-05-06, 02:18 AM
Everytime I see someone playing this game in BB or wherever I want to hit them in the face with a bat.

GamerGuyX
07-05-06, 02:37 AM
Everytime I see someone playing this game in BB or wherever I want to hit them in the face with a bat.

Or a guitar... :wonder: