PDA

View Full Version : 42.30 WHQL Feedback.

lmetza
02-02-03, 05:46 PM
Just wondering what you experiences are so far with the 42.30 WHQL drivers. I am just downloading them now from WiNBETA and am about to install and test them with Unreal 2 and Neverwinter Nights and maybe do a 3Dmark 2001 test.

Hearst
02-02-03, 07:13 PM
Are they actually WHQL certified drivers? I haven't heard of them.

krocodile
02-09-03, 10:11 AM
Not sure if we are talking about the Windows 98/ME release of these drivers. But I have one gripe about them. Once they were installed, even with the right Monitor drivers loaded, I was unable to change my refresh under the advanced settings of Display Properties. You might be thinking that my problem is I'm stuck at 85Hz. That's not the issue with this release. In the actual box that's used to highlight and change the refresh rate in Display Properties Advanced area, there's NO refresh rates listed! All it says is Optimal and Adapter Default. LOL. Geeee.... what a bunch of choices I have (said very sarcastically). If I'm lucky this will be fixed in a later release. I'm assuming I could fix this issue by using something like RivaTuner, but I hate loading 3rd party "fixes" for something that shouldn't be like that in the first place. Older driver sets (in my case the 30.82) had the ability there, and it worked just great! Nice thing is, I really don't notice a large FPS boost in any of my games using the 40 detonator. So, I'm going to stay back in the times with my 30 series, until I find a game that just plain will not work with them :)

EDLIM
02-10-03, 10:57 AM
This 42.30 WHQL driver makes my system to reboot while playing.
This is a pretty bad driver..... I have better luck with the 41.04 or even with the 40.72 WHQL.......