PDA

View Full Version : GN's Overall Best of E3 2006 Awards

Nv40
05-22-06, 07:20 PM
They have a big coverage of games , im surprised by the ammount of great games they previewed that others sites didnt make it and how diferent is their list from the gamespy "best of E3" awards.

http://games.ign.com/articles/709/709355p1.html

slick
05-22-06, 08:12 PM
I agree with a lot of them, but for best RPG, I would have said Mass Effect, BioShock definately looks different in a good way though.

Mr. Hunt
05-22-06, 08:51 PM
Some of these shocked me... I was amazed Bioshock did as well as it did, and I am amazed Assassins Creed was the winner of Best Action game for E3... and Okami beating Zelda: Twilight Princess was crazy... but... yeah :\.

ENU291
05-23-06, 08:49 AM
Okami on the Wii would be sweet. The Wii controls seem perfect for that game!

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 09:04 AM
Okami rocks! After playing it at last years E3 and the recent released demo I can see why it beat Zelda. Its refreshing gameplay and stylish...

Edge
05-23-06, 09:58 AM
Okami rocks! After playing it at last years E3 and the recent released demo I can see why it beat Zelda. Its refreshing gameplay and stylish...

I recently downloaded a few tracks from a user-made rip of the music in the game, and even though I'm usually not a fan of Japanese music, I just can't stop listening to them. Damn that music is catchy, and the game looks really fun. I hated the art style of Wind Waker, but Okami seems to pull off the cel shading a lot better, although I'm still not a fan of the character designs (well, except for Amaterasu herself). I have to say that the idea sounded a bit odd at first, but it looks like the execution was very good since it's getting a lot of positive feedback. Looking forward to a stateside release of it. Now if only they'd release a the soundtrack...

Zelda_fan
05-23-06, 02:31 PM

Zelda > Okami. The people at ign are a bunch of nubs.

Edge
05-23-06, 11:31 PM
Zelda > Okami. The people at ign are a bunch of nubs.

Says a person who's played neither...

lognoronon
05-25-06, 12:58 AM
After playing okami at e3 all I can say is wow what a refreshing change of pace for a game.

t6_shadow
05-25-06, 08:35 PM
I thought that Assassin's Creed was for 360 as well as ps3? They say there its only for PS3?!

Nv40
05-25-06, 08:49 PM
The game was originally anounced for PS3 . But the latest rumours says it could be ported for Xbox360. Time will tell.

slick
05-25-06, 09:20 PM
It's a timed exclusive for the PS3. I don't care, as long as it gets to the 360. It looks like a damn fine game.