PDA

View Full Version : This is why many people hate Sony...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ninja Prime
05-22-06, 11:59 PM
What kind of arrogant ass does it take to make this statement?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-europe-boss-you-will-buy-ps3-regardless-of-games-175239.php

evilchris
05-23-06, 12:05 AM
What kind of arrogant ass does it take to make this statement?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-europe-boss-you-will-buy-ps3-regardless-of-games-175239.php

Thank people like Magus and Bad_Boy for making this guy so bold.

Nv40
05-23-06, 01:36 AM
Oh common ....

DOnt take out of context what he told..

We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games."

ANd its true... anyone have doubts?
THere are about 100 million of Ps2's in the hands of gamers ,what Sony told is a conservative number that 5% of that userbase (5millions) their harcore fans will buy the console no matter what.

He doesnt means that people will buy a Ps3 even if they never release a single game ,or a good one ,like the journalist suggest.. Just that people knows that Sony will deliver many kick ass games sooner or later. Sony have a long long history of releasing High quality games in every one of their consoles ,with rock solid support even after 10years ,so people trust in that brand enough to buy their consoles (or whatever thing have the SONY brand) regardless if it have good games at launch or not. because everyone knows SOny have been always strong delivering awesome games (and new technology).and this time will not be diferent.

Any other console maker cant say the same ,people will be nervous buying an expensive console without seeing first their games ,since they have failed at times in one console or another to deliver enough quality games to justify the purchase of their console. for example Nintendo failed some time ago with the N64 and didnt do very well capturing the market last generation. Same with microsoft ,they have done some progress but still needs to learn a lot about Sony dedication to their fans , always pushingforward the technology to a whole new level than anything released in the market. Last generation the Xbox1 was miles ahead of the Ps2 in technology ,(released a year later) and on top of that was better priced ,and still that didnt stopped Sony to come on top. It shows that SOny have earned throught their years a loyal fan base that knows their playstations will never be left behind and will be 100% supported by the company for alot of years after the console is released.

Zelda_fan
05-23-06, 01:38 AM

that statement is incorrect. Should read:

Thank people like Magus and Bad_Boy and Nv40 for making this guy so bold.

GamerGuyX
05-23-06, 01:42 AM
Oh common ....

DOnt take out of context what he told..

ANd its true... anyone have doubts?

He doesnt means that people will buy a Ps3 even if they never release a game ,like the journalist suggest.. Just that Sony have a long long history of releasing High quality games in every one of their consoles ,with rock solid support even after 10years ,so people trust in their brand enough to buy the console regardless if it have good games at launch or not.
is that simple... Any other console maker cant say the same ,since they have failed at times in one console or another to deliver enough quality games to justify the purchase of their console. Nitendo failed last some time ago with the N64 and Microsoft still needs to learn a lot about Sony dedication to their fans , always pushing forward the technology to a new level than anything released in the market.

Nintendo did not "fail" to do anything with the N64. There are plenty of well reviewed, well received, high quality and high selling games for the N64 (for example: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Mario 64, etc). Same with Microsoft and the Xbox.

Now sit down and shut up you damn Sony fanboy.

LiquidX
05-23-06, 02:08 AM
Nintendo did not "fail" to do anything with the N64. There are plenty of well reviewed, well received, high quality and high selling games for the N64 (for example: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Mario 64, etc). Same with Microsoft and the Xbox.

Now sit down and shut up you damn Sony fanboy.

It had alot of great first party games but it was more of a failure than success. The CD format was cheaper and better and Sony crushed them. Not to mention they lost alot of third part support, namely Squaresoft.

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 02:16 AM

Don't forget the hundreds of people who buy consoles on ebay for $500+ more then they go for at a retail store...

As for your little hating jab at me? Yup, I would buy it without any games, why? Because I know there will be some killer exclusives on the console and wouldn't want to miss out on them. Im an early adopter of all consoles, I even purchased a gamecube on launch without an titles...

Zelda_Fan, you are just like me when it comes to Nintendo, just a loyalist. You would buy every version of the GameBoy nintendo releases and state its the best thing since its last version(probably have). evilchris just hates anything Playstation... if it could cure cancer and find osama and he would still hate it...

As for the SCEE's comments... he's an idiot. He has proven himself to be one many times. He says things that no one else in SCE would approve of aswell as stating things that are unconfirmed or just plain out false. It's nothing more then the suits talking though... why you all care, I could never guess...

Bad_Boy
05-23-06, 06:03 AM
lol, thats right, blame me. I dont even know who the hell this guy is. for all i know, he got fired for some **** like that.

on the other hand, i do like phil harrison, he seems to be one of the best things that has happened to sony. really a good speaker and knows what hes talking about (most of the time anyways).

Haz, can be a bit cheesy some times. (hey! its ridggge racerrrrrr!) And Ken...well, hes smart as ****, so smart it seems nobody knows what hes talking about half the time.

phil should do most of the talking for sony imo.

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 06:26 AM
phil should do most of the talking for sony imo.

Yup, He's probably my favorite suit of the industry, Miyamoto would be second but then again... he might also be last since he hates "long games".

toxikneedle
05-23-06, 10:40 AM
Same with microsoft ,they have done some progress but still needs to learn a lot about Sony dedication to their fans ,
I fell off my chair when I read that....

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 10:51 AM
I fell off my chair when I read that....

Sony's pushing Blue Ray because they stand to make money off of it and you talk about dedication to the fans? Oh wait I forgot Blue Ray is the way of the FUTURE!

Heck, Ignore Blu-Ray and Sony has shown more support for fans. They are the only major publisher/developer who makes a sequel for a title even if it was poorly recieved originally. They have offered Playstation Underground for free for years now (Free Demo's and beta access to many titles) aswell as continue to support past consoles longer then all others.

So yeah, they might have a bad track record with trying to raise hype of their consoles but from a gamers point of view they have done alot for the people who purchased their consoles.

Im still waiting on a sequel from MS's MotoCross Madness or Freelancer...

ENU291
05-23-06, 11:17 AM
You guys are delusional if you think that Sony cares about you. It’s all about the money people! The video game market is a billion dollar industry… all Sony wants from you is your hard earned dollars. The main reason the PS2 is so popular is not because Sony is so caring and loving… it’s because most of there competitors in the late 90’s and early this century made some bad decisions and failed to garner the all important 3rd party support.

msxyz
05-23-06, 11:24 AM
Chris Roberts left the gaming scene after the lukewarm reception of of Freelancer. Apparently he's now busy in the movie industry

The good thing is that Microsoft is pouring a lot of money into new projects in the hope of finding a new blockbuster hit for its Xbox. I'm really impressed by Microsoft because they're betting on some fresh new ideas and not using their financial strenght to lure developers into bringing some old and stale franchises over the Xbox 360.

Eventually the big franchise will come if the market is big enough...

vampireuk
05-23-06, 11:25 AM
I stopped actually having fun on consoles after the N64, I'm not a fan of anything they are coming out with these days.

|MaguS|
05-23-06, 11:43 AM
You guys are delusional if you think that Sony cares about you. It’s all about the money people! The video game market is a billion dollar industry… all Sony wants from you is your hard earned dollars. The main reason the PS2 is so popular is not because Sony is so caring and loving… it’s because most of there competitors in the late 90’s and early this century made some bad decisions and failed to garner the all important 3rd party support.

Sony has released many sequels for titles that were praised but sold very poorly, why do that if they only care for money? Why not force a GT game every year? Why offer the community free demo's monthly aswell as access to beta's?

Every Corporation wants money, they are a business... don't think MS is in it to be your friend...

The PS2 did well due to great 3rd Party support and commitment from Sony, They have done alot to gain support from the community. They didn't abandon the PSX as soon as the PS2 launched, they showed support for it and the people who weren't ready to move platforms really appreciated that. Wana bet people are pissed that MS abandoned the Xbox and left it to 3rd Parties alone to keep it going...

Mr_LoL
05-23-06, 11:51 AM
Thing is that man is right. People like me will be buying the ps3 regardless of games. Its gonna sell out and win this console war.

Sidric
05-23-06, 11:57 AM
Thing is that man is right. People like me will be buying the ps3 regardless of games. Its gonna sell out and win this console war.

:rofl

You know I respect everyone's opinions here but that has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thanks Akbar you made my day :D

Mr. Hunt
05-23-06, 11:59 AM

I would agree... but then there was Rise of the Kasai and Shadow of the Colossus... both were more or less sequels to previous, pretty much failed (financially anyway) games, yet both came from Sony and were still made.

GG.

Mr_LoL
05-23-06, 12:25 PM
:rofl

You know I respect everyone's opinions here but that has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thanks Akbar you made my day :D

Well as the saying goes "A fool and his money.......... :D

evilchris
05-23-06, 12:49 PM

can you pick my lottery numbers?

Mr_LoL
05-23-06, 01:06 PM
can you pick my lottery numbers?

Sure 5, 7, 12, 22, 29, 32. There ya go.

Knot3D
05-23-06, 01:30 PM
The statements are pretty bold indeed, but they are not complete lies or things which they take as 'for granted too easily'

I want a PS3 because the PS2 has proven it is most likely to have the games library i am most fond of.

The franchises and development teams i like define the PS2 to me.

- It's basically Sony who actively gathers talented developers like team Ico and gives them financial room to create such a game.

- Capcom's Okami premieres on PS2, Halo premieres on Xbox ; i look forward to Okami and i don't like Halo. I also don't like Tecmo's games all that much ; so i could only care less wether they appear on Xbox exclusively or not.

It's just these simple things like taste preference which form my console choice and Sony evidently is the one which caters to that gaming preference.

I mean ; why didn't Nintendo actively try to get Silent Hill 2 to GameCube ? Maybe they could have made a good deal with Konami to get MGS3 to GC ?

I don't think they tried to get those games, which define PS2, to their system.

These are small examples in the bigger picture as to why I chose PS2 and likely a PS3. It's the simpe fact of games i prefer which happen to appear on a Sony platform which makes the choice easier.

So, yes the Sony press talk sounds bloated ; it's only the way they say it, not the things they say.

toxikneedle
05-23-06, 01:57 PM
Heck, Ignore Blu-Ray and Sony has shown more support for fans. They are the only major publisher/developer who makes a sequel for a title even if it was poorly recieved originally. They have offered Playstation Underground for free for years now (Free Demo's and beta access to many titles) aswell as continue to support past consoles longer then all others.

So yeah, they might have a bad track record with trying to raise hype of their consoles but from a gamers point of view they have done alot for the people who purchased their consoles.

Well I somewhat agree with that because when I had my PS1, I was very happy with their support and I skipped the PS2/Xbox 1 gen consoles. When I decided to go for either PS3 or 360, I saw that MS has awesome fan support and I still think it feels like they care more about their fans than Sony. But I'm not gonna say that Sony don't care about their fans. My Blue Ray comment is only my opinion and I'm sure many people won't really see it as sony turning their backs on the fans.... I jsut don't agree with Nv-40's comment on MS' lack of support.

Nv40
05-23-06, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE= I jsut don't agree with Nv-40's comment on MS' lack of support.[/QUOTE]

Well the we agree to disagree. I just dont see Microsoft as a example of a company that cares about supporting their customers ,but more about a company that *only* cares about findings ways to ripp off more of your money. A company that dont focus in quality but in quantity. They dont care about improving the quality of their products but about finding ways to ripp off you more for the same. Why it have taken so long for that company to upgrade their flawed Internet explorer? when almost every other little company have a browser with superior features ? Why it took so long to improve their mediaplayer? why it have taken so long to fix all their Security issues ? simple because they dont have competition ,why they have been sued almost every year since they exist for illegal monopolistics practices? doesnt there are stories of how early days of Bill gates that stole the code of an OS and patented it as it was made by himself? but let ignore that past.. and focus in the more present.

So you think Microsoft have great support?
What kind of support and service they are doing the community ,releasing a Noisy console ,that overheats and sounds like a dustbuster ..that have the highest rate/per client ratio of returned consoles ,(ask IGN staff they have about 10 returned.) in the history of gaming , with the majority of the hardware made with subpar quality .,.and no allowing the gamers to have an standar Hardisk out of the box ? something thats is really necessary for a more complete gaming experience?

if they are really in the console industry for the "great service" they can do ,it is that hard to AT LEAST release the console with a decent DVD player that doesnt sound like dustbuster ? or im asking to much ?

Didnt they are the Wealthiest company in the world?

and have millions so much millions of times more money that SONY ? THEN WHy they are so LAME to release that garbage called "Xbox360" without a HD-dvd player or at least release the console being ready for it and not troubleshooting now for ways to support a HD media? with the necessary outputs or at least an out of the box HArdisk ?

if they could do it in their previous console why they could not do it now? why not a keyboard and mouse support and a free online service? since a starved company like Sony in comparison can do it with enough cash only for one step at a time ,then why a multiBiillionaire company cant?

The answer is very simple ,because IS Microsoft is the lamest company in the world ,that makes money using unfair tactics ,like boycotting the progress of competitor more advanced products that is under develoment at the moment. that is in the business just to make money and nothing else ..period /,even if that means screwing other APis or better technology important for entertainment. They are screwing Opengl in Vista and C++ too. Microsoft is not in the console industry because they love games ,they will sell paper to clean your nose if they knew they could make a lot of easy money from it. A company that really care about their customers will show it with their actions. Supporting their products even if they are from previous generations .and improving their present products. I dont have consoles but I have a lot of Respect for Sony for having the balls to take the bigger risk ,that will allow the community and their company at the same time to enjoy bigger rewards if they suceed,and suffer great loses if they fail. even when they make a thousand times less money in the year than Microsoft they accept to lose a lot more money for every console they make ,just to push the technology another step forward and be leaders again in the market. Microsoft have never been an innovator in anything , their WIndows have been *always* behind in features than any OS you can name , same with their API while SOny in the other hand have been leaders in technology even before they entered the gaming market.

ENU291
05-23-06, 09:43 PM
Can we please have an NV40 to English translator!