PDA

View Full Version : I hate ordering hardware online

LORD-eX-Bu
05-23-06, 09:47 AM
Well, I finally got sick of using a laptop so I decided to order some stuff for a new computer.. just to keep me busy till I can get a Conroe, then I'll build another rig:D

Specs will be:

Intel Pentium D 950 w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon
ABIT AW8-MAX Motherboard
OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI
MSI X1900XTX
2GB Corsair PC5300 DDR2
Seagate 16mb buffer 300GB SATA II
NEC 16x DVD burner
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
Logitech G7

I got a cheapo 19" LCD, its a Rosewill 19" LCD. Anyone heard of it, it supposedly has a 4ms response and it had good reviews. Got it for $265.

And I ordered one of those shin guard robot looking cases from NZXT, the black Nemesis Elite:thumbsup:

The only thing that sucks is the wait. I am never going to order from Monarch again, they've had my order on hold and now their website says that the cpu I ordered is back on backorder. Mines better not be or I'll raise hell.

I tried going for that $99 deal for a 300gb Seagate but I got an e-mail yesterday saying that they cancelled my order and they tried offering me a Maxtor hard drive for the same price, didn't take it. Cancelled and went somewhere else, got it for $116.

I'm going nuts waiting for this to show up. Its been a while since I've done any gaming and its calling me:lol:

I'll probably get one of those X-FI cards later on and maybe another hard drive once I get everything put together. Can't wait:D

XP_GUN
05-23-06, 09:59 AM
I'm going to rebuild my system when vista is about ready to come out.

ViN86
05-23-06, 10:41 AM
ever think about waiting a few more months for conroe?

LORD-eX-Bu
05-23-06, 10:42 AM
yeah, this is just meant to hold me over till then. I'll get Conroe when it comes out:)

Sazar
05-23-06, 11:12 AM
The saitek is a good keyboard, but consider getting something that doesn't have it's ink waste away :(

Riptide
05-23-06, 11:22 AM
Saitek's service is top notch. They replaced my keyboard because of the ink problem without even having to present a receipt for it. Given that experience I have to recommend them - great company.

LORD-eX-Bu
05-23-06, 11:52 AM
wait, what ink issue?

Sazar
05-23-06, 12:23 PM
The keys are painted, to allow the light to pass through. This is why I replaced my saitek with a g-15 which does not have painted on keys. As you use it, the paint will fade and it will look crappy :(

Rip managed to get a replacement from Saitek so apparently they have good support.

I like the keyboard though, I am using it at work while I type right now, it's comfortable. I just like my g-15 better :smoking:

dandano
05-23-06, 12:38 PM
nice stuff. you going to go speakers or headphones?

einstein_314
05-23-06, 01:25 PM
I too can't stand the wait for hardware. Although, I order from NCIX.com which is is Vancouver, and I'm in Victoria so it's not that long of a wait. They have really fast service. I can generally order something in the morning and it will be shipped by that afternoon. And it takes 1 day to get here (even when I pick the 2-6 day shipping option :D)The part I hate is when purolator tries to deliver it at 9:30 AM and I'm at work I have to wait until the next day to go pick up from the depot.