PDA

View Full Version : SLI w/ Differnet Brands

GuOD
05-24-06, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone,

I know it's possible to SLi different brands, but I was wondering what would happen to the deltas? The 7900GT are 0 for XFX and 20 for all other brands as far as I know, so would the other brands clock down to a zero delta or what?

Stevedroid
05-25-06, 12:28 AM
What the heck do you mean by delta?

Delta is a generic term that means the difference between two sets of data. E.g. a legitimate use of the term would be: "The delta in temperature between 21C and 37C is 16C."

You seem to be using the term as though it were a physical characteristic of the card. I think you mean to ask about the delta in clock speeds (e.g. what happens when you use two cards with different clock speeds), but you weren't using the term in any way that made sense.

In any case if that is what you were asking: When you run cards with different clockspeeds in SLI then both cards run at whatever the lower of the two speeds is.

For example if you had a 7900 GT that ran at 500/1500 (core/memory) and another that ran at 450/1320 then both cards will run at 450/1320 when in SLI mode.

GuOD
05-25-06, 06:11 PM
By delta, I mean the geometry clock delta

I believe it's even referred to as the "delta" when reading the bios.

As far as I know, you can't change the delta without flashing (I'm not even sure if you can change it with flashing these days) and I was wondering what happens and whether or not the cards can adjust.