PDA

View Full Version : New Famitsu post-E3 poll

msxyz
05-25-06, 07:09 AM
Now that the dust from E3 has settled, the well known magazine Famitsu has made another poll asking its readers about next gen consoles and their software:

What games are you looking forward to the most after seeing E3’s offerings?

1. Zelda (Wii, Nintendo)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
3. Metal Gear solvent 4 (PS3, Konami)
4. Dragon Quest Swords: (Wii, Square Enix)
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, Nintendo)
6. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo)
7. Final Fantasy III (NDS, Square Enix)
8. Monster Hunter 3 (PS3, Capcom)
9. Biohazard series (Wii, Capcom)
10. Halo 3 (Xbox 360) (WTF :eek: )

What gaming hardware are you looking forward to the most?

Wii - 68.8%
PS3 - 21.0%
Xbox 360 - 7.2%
NDS - 3.0%

What do you think of the pricing for the PS3?

88.4% - I think the price is too high.
10.9% - The price is appropriate.
0.7% - The console is inexpensive.

Some comments... Nintendo fans from all over the world, rejoice! :D Second, the low interest in the NDS should not surprise as probably the vast majority people polled already have one (if not two, considering how strong the Lite sales have been) Third. I really can't understand why someone in Japan should be hyped about Halo 3. If there ever was a western Xbox360 game that should have sparked interest, that is Kameo or -probably- Oblivion. Fourth, 10% of the gamers looking forward to the PS3 despite the price is still good. I would have expected a lower figure.

Edge
05-25-06, 07:53 AM
I'm amazed the Xbox 360 even got mention considering how minimal the interest in it is over there. How Halo 3 would get on a top 10 list from Japan is beyond me (it would be like a dating simulator getting on a top 10 list in the US). But how is "Biohazard Series (Wii)" on there? Was anything even shown for it? I haven't seen any trailers or anything of it, I guess just the mention of it is enough to spark people's interest (although I'm surprised RE5 wasn't shown).

I'm not surprised Wii is getting the most attention over there, generally Japanese games and hardware that offer unique features gain the most interest, and the price tag is certainly attractive (even though it has yet to be revealed). Sony is kinda shooting themselves in the foot with that price tag, they've pretty much eliminated any competition for the Wii (since the Xbox 360 was never really a contender over there).

msxyz
05-25-06, 11:54 AM
With the Wii priced at 25,000 Yen and with the DS pushing the Nintendo brand, I think the Wii has a serious chance in Japan to become the most sold next gen console till 2008. After that, Sony might regain the supremacy but I wouldn't bet my ass on it.

Bad_Boy
05-25-06, 12:15 PM
does indeed look like nintendo is making a comeback, atleast in japan. guess we will have to wait and see on the true outcome, but for now. i actually predict nintendo making a killing in japan, sony in second, and 360 obviously in third. as for north america and europe, it will be a interesting sales battle between sony + microsoft i predict.

Sazar
05-25-06, 12:34 PM
m$ gonna have to pony up more cash for advertising and product placement/seeding in japan.

Wii looks like it won't suck after all (for sales) based on the poll-demand.

msxyz
05-25-06, 01:04 PM
Right now, Microsoft could throw Xboxes into the streets of Tokio and nobody would bother to pick one up.

Japanese gamers seems to be less graphic-wh0res and more focused on the games. Many americans mistake this lack of interest in Xbox as a form of proud nationalism, but most young Japanese are actually quite open minded about foreign cultures and products.

Microsoft is trying to have some games targetted specifically at the japanese audience but the strong presence of Sony and Nintendo coupled with the memory of the not-very-bright record of the Xbox is still strong. Some help will actually come from the japanese developers who can't ignore the success the Xbox is having in all the other markets.

Microsoft has also at least two potential system seller titles ready for late '06 and mid '07: Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. If the prestige of Hironobu Sakaguchi cannot sell the XBox, nobody can.

Sazar
05-25-06, 01:10 PM
Xbox HAS had some awesome games though, thats the thing.

Is final fantasy staying on PS or will it be available for xbox360 at launch.

Marvel_us
05-25-06, 01:18 PM
FF13 is on PS3 only, along with that FF13 versus game. I think the only other FF coming to another console is the FF Chronicles(Wii) which isn't as big as the main FF.

ralinn
05-25-06, 01:20 PM
does indeed look like nintendo is making a comeback, atleast in japan. guess we will have to wait and see on the true outcome, but for now. i actually predict nintendo making a killing in japan, sony in second, and 360 obviously in third. as for north america and europe, it will be a interesting sales battle between sony + microsoft i predict.
Nintendo will most likely kill the 360 over here (UK). Although the 360 has been quite popular, the price of the Wii is probably going to win us over.

Son Goku
05-25-06, 03:55 PM
If Sony isn't careful with these numbers, they could well find many developers signing agreements to hold their games on the new Nintendo system, or at the very least refusing to do an exclusivity contract with Sony... Afterall, if it releases in Japan first (both systems), and the vast majority of units sold happen to be Nintendo at that time; after having done the marketing research who are they going to chose to develop to? Not the system with fewer units out there, which could play there game.

Sony might just find the delays and higher price tag associated with inclusion of Blu Ray to have been a detriment to them. Developers didn't make so many titles to the PS2 because of the brand name afterall...