PDA

View Full Version : New Control Panel not available in ForceWare 91.28

FlakMagnet
05-26-06, 04:08 AM
I have downloaded and installed the Beta 91.28 ForceWare drivers, and I don't get the new control panel :(

Before installing them, I uninstalled my previous set, and rebooted. I then installed 91.28 and rebooted again.

Everything seems to be working fine, except I don't see or can't access the new Control Panel! Right-clicking the desktop gives me no new options, and going in Display Properties just gives me the 'old' Control Panel.

Also, there is no new Windows Control Panel applet installed...

I have installed these drivers twice now, and still no new CP. Is it possible the drivers I downloaded don't contain the new CP?

I downloaded them from ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/91.28/ (selected "91.28_forceware_winxp2k_english.exe")

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?

I am running Windows 2000 with SP4, and have all the latest Windows Updates.

Hardware: Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, 6800 Ultra (AGP), SoundBlaster Audigy 2

rewt
05-26-06, 08:52 AM
I am running Windows 2000

That is most likely the reason right there.

FlakMagnet
05-26-06, 11:26 AM
Are you saying that the new CP is only for WinXP? Even though the drivers are for both XP and 2000?

Damn! Thought it would work on Win 2K also :(

Eliminator
05-26-06, 03:59 PM
Are you saying that the new CP is only for WinXP? Even though the drivers are for both XP and 2000?

Damn! Thought it would work on Win 2K also :(
dont worry you are not missing anything.... the old control panel is better IMO and functions properly

jAkUp
05-26-06, 04:02 PM
Yup, and yes the new control panel currently does not work in Win2000, or Win64

FlakMagnet
05-27-06, 06:15 AM
OK, thanks guys.

Maybe there should be something a bit more obvious in the installer? Or then again, I guess most people won't know they are missing anything (those who don't visit the nvnews forums for example).

Guess I'll just have to look at the screenshots and be happy that the CP is still included (for now) :)

EverGreen
05-27-06, 07:33 AM
You didn't miss anything, the old panel is still better designed and have more features controlled in then the new one.