PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Acting up

Marvel_us
05-26-06, 09:55 AM
I have 2 pcs and a laptop. My main rig is wired but the laptop and other pc is wireless. I don't know why but lately the other PC(wireless) has be getting disconnected from the net quite a bit. I'm talking about every 10mins or so. It uses a linksys wireless card and I've tried adjusting the antenna but still nothing.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Toss3
05-26-06, 10:03 AM
I have 2 pcs and a laptop. My main rig is wired but the laptop and other pc is wireless. I don't know why but lately the other PC(wireless) has be getting disconnected from the net quite a bit. I'm talking about every 10mins or so. It uses a linksys wireless card and I've tried adjusting the antenna but still nothing.

Thoughts or suggestions?
I've always had this problem, that's why I can't play mp games on my laptop. I have an Intel card and a Buffalo air station. I'd love to know how to fix this!

AthlonXP1800
05-26-06, 10:56 AM
Do you have Linksys router? I have Linksys router and I had problem with Linksys wireless USB adapter a few years ago caused disconnections every 10 mins with the first driver but the latest third driver released fixed the issue. I now no longer have disconnection issue. :D

Try update your router with latest firmware and use the driver build in XP SP2 on the laptop for the wireless card.

Hope it help, if not then download the latest driver for the wireless card.

Marvel_us
05-26-06, 11:07 AM
Yes I have a linksys router. Hmmm, haven't tried updating the drivers and I've had it for about over a year now. I will definately try that out and check back when I get home.

Thanks AthlonXP.:)