PDA

View Full Version : Please help me. I beg you all :(

PeterJensen
05-26-06, 05:26 PM
Ok you guys have to help me now or i will go to the mental hospital asap. :thumbdwn:

Short problem : I got problems with my new AMD x2 3800+ rig with my 7600GT card.

In 3dmark03 Wings of fury i get about 150 fps, and that is wrong :) But when i run SuperPI at the same time i get 280 fps.

So i have been ****ing with the AMD x2 drivers, the MS patch, some regedit ALL day and it dont seem to work. But IT ALL RUNS FINE if i run SuperPI in the background.

I mean WTF? Anny thing you guys would know could help.

einstein_314
05-26-06, 05:52 PM
Hmm, that's a good one...I'm not sure. It works fine for me with my Opty 175 dual core. All I've done is installed the X2 driver, then the MS patch. Then editted the registry to enable the MS Patch. That's it. Hmm, do you have cool 'n' quiet enabled? Maybe it's throttling down for some reason?

PeterJensen
05-26-06, 06:10 PM
Its funny there is some that works for and some it dont. Others dont even have to install a patch or a driver :(

PeterJensen
05-26-06, 07:19 PM
I REALLY hate amd just about now! Crap cpu's

SLippe
05-26-06, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's the CPU's fault.

bugmage
05-27-06, 03:54 PM
ive ran my computer with my old 3500 was soaked in watercooling liquid, broke pins off, solders some on, scraped away at the pcb to find some metal to soilder to , and yes my old amd 3500 still put out like a champ, exept dual channle didnt work heeh, but i agree amd drivers suck you need to install some software to get them and then some work correctly some dont

grey_1
05-27-06, 06:26 PM
I think the ms patch readme states not all configs will need that patch, something to that effect.
I had a good deal of trouble with the ms patch installed, enabled or not, and this go around I have the amd driver only installed and everything is smooth as heck from FEAR to 3dm06

Peoples-Agent
05-27-06, 09:26 PM
I would suggest you first get the newest AMD drivers off their site, and not use the MS patch for now.

Then look towards a Bios update, could be the key.