PDA

View Full Version : Flashing dots and spiked shadows

Eren
05-27-06, 02:17 AM
Hi everyone.

I have recently installed another Leadtek 7800 gtx extreme 256mb in my machine and sli is now enabled.

fps is good and heat not an issue, however the appearance of flashing dots of different colours extended spiked shadows and shimmering is.

Ive tried so many different drivers and settings still no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

jAkUp
05-27-06, 02:31 AM
Sounds like a bad card, try each card individually to see if one of them is a problem.

Eren
05-27-06, 03:45 AM
Thanks for your advice Jakup.

I tried each card individually and the new card does the same thing on its own. The old card has no problem on its own.

Looks like a return

john19055
05-27-06, 04:56 AM
I haveing flashing dots or textures that are a different color ,but the only game really giveing me problems is Quake 4 ,besides trying to run 3DMark 03 and then my screen just starts blinking on and off until it reboots ,I have two Evga 7900GTX EGS and the 7900 series has just gave me all kinds of headaces ,I'm starting to think it something in the hardware,I have had from a GF3 to GF4 and 6800ultra and 7800GT CO running in SLI and from ATI I have had a 64DDR VIVO ,9500pro,9800pro,X800XT and all of them cards work with no problems ,at least nothing like this .I just don't know what I am going to do ,I will work with these over the weekend and if they are still giveing me fits ,they are going back and then I just don't know ,I would go with ATI in a heart beat but I hate how crossfire is to set up haveing to buy a certain card to be the master and then a slave card and from what I hear crossfire has it share of problems.

SH64
05-27-06, 06:29 PM
Whats your PSU ? & did you try replacing it ?
could be a PSU issue. i had a similar experiance before.

Idoru
05-27-06, 07:59 PM
...the only game really giveing me problems is Quake 4 ,besides trying to run 3DMark 03 and then my screen just starts blinking on and off until it reboots ,I have two Evga 7900GTX EGS and the 7900 series has just gave me all kinds of headaces.

I have exact same problem - monitor flashing on and off, plus in-game artifacts and slowdowns and desktop corruption upon exit. Two minute conversation with the online vendor I bought the card from and they quickly said 'RMA'. Gainward 7900GTX at stock btw.

Eren
05-28-06, 01:28 AM
I thought it might be PSU also, so i went out and upgraded to 600w psu. Still same.

I think its RMA for this card.
Im about to send Leadtek an email. Ill keep yall posted.

Cheers

john19055
05-29-06, 08:04 AM
I have a silverstone that put 38amps and 45 amps peak on the 12 rail and it only has one 12v rail ,but I tried a different power supply a OCZ POwerStream 600w and still did the same thing ,I even changed my monitor thing it may be bad but no help ,and I down clocked my cards to 600/1500 but it still artifact and blink on and off ,I fineally just sent them back .

Eren
05-30-06, 05:27 AM
The card has been sent back to the wholesaler for RMA