PDA

View Full Version : High quality extended version of MGS4 trailer

Pages : [1] 2

Nv40
05-27-06, 02:54 AM
For the people that still havent see this..
Gametrailers posted a higher quality (192megs) of the extended version of the MGS4 trailer.

Compression used for other trailers ,lowers a lot the game quality ,It makes a diference.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

|MaguS|
05-27-06, 06:41 AM
Screw that... If your an IGN Subcriber you get the 720p version! :D

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

PeterJensen
05-27-06, 10:56 AM
Well if it was the one i saw there is absolut NO real gameplay....

|MaguS|
05-27-06, 11:10 AM
No gameplay but it looks dam Fing good! Best graphics out of any game to date.

ralinn
05-27-06, 12:02 PM
But will it look as good as that?

Oh, please no one answer with "yes"... like you know :(

I'm finding half this PS3 stuff depressing now, I really hate Sony more then I used to now :/

|MaguS|
05-27-06, 12:32 PM
But will it look as good as that?

Oh, please no one answer with "yes"... like you know :(

I'm finding half this PS3 stuff depressing now, I really hate Sony more then I used to now :/

Yes because its 100% realtime and Kojima has even gone on the record and stated that it will look better then these trailers due to all these being from early builds.

Never dout Kojima... he has never lied or shown false trailers. All his trailers have showed exactly what the game will look like upon release.

If you hated Sony to begin with then why even bother? You started out already bias, its not like anyhting will make you not bias...

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 12:52 PM
Thanks Magus! I didn't know IGN had the 720p version.:D

I hate when people just have something negative to say. If you don't like the trailer or doubt it then don't watch it and get out of the thread, that simple.

EDIT: Damn that file is huge, 707mb...Here goes nothin'....Downloading now.

slick
05-27-06, 01:53 PM
No gameplay but it looks dam Fing good! Best graphics out of any game to date.

I don't know why people say that. It is not even close to Crysis or GoW. Period.

On a side note, it looks like a fantastic story.

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 03:24 PM
I don't know why people say that. It is not even close to Crysis or GoW. Period.

On a side note, it looks like a fantastic story.

As much as I love both Crysis and GoW I beg to differ. MGS4 is the best looking title out there. Animation and characters have so much variation to them. The most important thing is the game isn't even near finished yet.

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 03:35 PM
On a positive note, Raiden looks f***in' insane! I hope we get to play as him for a good portion of the game.

PeterJensen
05-27-06, 03:40 PM
As much as I love both Crysis and GoW I beg to differ. MGS4 is the best looking title out there. Animation and characters have so much variation to them. The most important thing is the game isn't even near finished yet.
How the **** can you say that when its not even gameplay?

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 03:46 PM
How the **** can you say that when its not even gameplay?

Well according to Kojima no two people look alike and the collisions are different everytime they run the trailer on PS3 due to proper physics calculations. Doesn't surprise that you wouldn't agree though...just remember the game isn't out till 07 and this is realtime.

MGS2 and 3 looked the same ingame as the cutscenes so I have no reason to doubt Kojima and his team.

Acid Rain
05-27-06, 04:39 PM
No gameplay but it looks dam Fing good! Best graphics out of any game to date.Best looking blurry green and yellow game, EVER!!!

Sorry, Magus, but it looks depressing to me. The most important thing is the game isn't even near finished yet.Hmm, I'd say the most important thing is that we have no idea what it looks like in-game.

Final Fantasy VII looks AWESOME, even today. At least, the FMV does. ;)

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 05:17 PM
I don't see why you're doubting Kojima's team so much but whatever. They said and showed that the game was running realtime. I'm done defending the game, we'll let the future vids and demos prove it.

ralinn
05-27-06, 05:50 PM
and stated that it will look better then these trailers due to all these being from early builds.
Well obviously they're from early builds but that doesn't mean ****. I also remember someone saying KillZone2 will look better then the trailer. Just because they've not lied before doesn't mean they are incapable of lying either. I've also not been biased of Sony all the time. When they lie as much as they have, then I start to dislike them. Biased my arse, I've had more reason to dislike them more then any other company. At least I don't think they can do no wrong even with all the **** they've come out with :(

Zelda_fan
05-27-06, 06:11 PM
Yes because its 100% realtime and Kojima has even gone on the record and stated that it will look better then these trailers due to all these being from early builds.

Never dout Kojima... he has never lied or shown false trailers. All his trailers have showed exactly what the game will look like upon release.

If you hated Sony to begin with then why even bother? You started out already bias, its not like anyhting will make you not bias...

If they can honestly make it look like that then the graphics are amazing. However, I'll believe it when I see actual gameplay footage.

slick
05-27-06, 07:00 PM
I understand that it is fully real-time, but the color palette is extremely dull, and the trailer is spotted with flat/low-res textures left and right. The character models are amazing, I'd give it that, but the environment could use a little flavor and texture work here and there.

FearMeAll
05-27-06, 09:21 PM
Well obviously they're from early builds but that doesn't mean ****. I also remember someone saying KillZone2 will look better then the trailer. Just because they've not lied before doesn't mean they are incapable of lying either. I've also not been biased of Sony all the time. When they lie as much as they have, then I start to dislike them. Biased my arse, I've had more reason to dislike them more then any other company. At least I don't think they can do no wrong even with all the **** they've come out with :(
has Kojima ever lied to his fans? ever? He consistently outdoes himself with each new metal gear game and he has never done a trailer ever with prerendered stuff. A lot of people were doubting early builds of mgs2 when the ps2 was first released but the final game ended up looking ever better for its time. I still remember when I played that first tanker mission with a couple fo friends years ago.. we were all amazed at how the game was able to look like that on a console ( please remember this was quite a few years ago and before the HDTV craze.

Nv40
05-27-06, 09:48 PM
I understand that it is fully real-time, but the color palette is extremely dull, and the trailer is spotted with flat/low-res textures left and right. The character models are amazing, I'd give it that, but the environment could use a little flavor and texture work here and there.

perhaps your are looking at the last year trailer that was a rushed project ,because the last Trailer have very high quality textures.. i couldnt find the "low textures" you talk.

here is an example of the quality used for the game...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18415&stc=1&d=1148784380

Now that screnshot dont do justice because is a lossy jpeg , use the space bar and your arrow keys -> and <- in quicktime and you can watch frame by frame the game. Now Kojima himself told the final game will look even better since they are working with a very early game and learning the ps3. from here things can only get better.

frame by frame ,you will notice even a lot of so much details that are are easy to ignore they were there ,but that subconciusly makes the game like a very real war at times. with the help of the amazing sound. for example hundreds of particles of blood flowing in the the air from every soldier killed , and dust with objects .cloth and hair that flows with the air. the so many diferent animations when soldiers are hit and the physics .impressive indeed.

About the color palette thats was an artistic decision ,but you cant say it doesnt look "realistic" unless you have seen real photos of how weird the enviroment can look in the middle east with bad weather.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18417&stc=1&d=1148786647

btw.. the last screenshot is not the game, :)
but a real photo taken from IRAQ with a more agreesive color palette with really bad weather (sand storm). as you see making the game to look more realistic does not means that it needs to look like a traditional sunny day where we live. i will not be suprised if indeed they used their greenish-yellow palette on real screenshots taken from diferent places and time of the day .

Bad_Boy
05-27-06, 09:58 PM
http://members.chello.nl/a.sultan1/meryl_800.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/a.sultan1/meryl_1600.jpg<---click for huge image!
I still cant get over how great meryl looks. The polycount, the detail, the hair itself is impressive. I cannot wait. :D

Meryl is back bitches.
oh ya, raiden looks bad ass this time too.

Marvel_us
05-27-06, 10:43 PM
Hey bad_boy you wouldn't happen to have a link to other characters with high quality pics? I'm interested in Raiden in particular, that would make a badass desktop.

Bad_Boy
05-27-06, 11:05 PM
Hey bad_boy you wouldn't happen to have a link to other characters with high quality pics? I'm interested in Raiden in particular, that would make a badass desktop.

got a specific monitor resolution youd like? :)

slick
05-27-06, 11:40 PM
perhaps your are looking at the last year trailer that was a rushed project ,because the last Trailer have very high quality textures.. i couldnt find the "low textures" you talk.

here is an example of the quality used for the game...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18415&stc=1&d=1148784380

Now that screnshot dont do justice because is a lossy jpeg , use the space bar and your arrow keys -> and <- in quicktime and you can watch frame by frame the game. Now Kojima himself told the final game will look even better since they are working with a very early game and learning the ps3. from here things can only get better.

frame by frame ,you will notice even a lot of so much details that are are easy to ignore they were there ,but that subconciusly makes the game like a very real war at times. with the help of the amazing sound. for example hundreds of particles of blood flowing in the the air from every soldier killed , and dust with objects .cloth and hair that flows with the air. the so many diferent animations when soldiers are hit and the physics .impressive indeed.

About the color palette thats was an artistic decision ,but you cant say it doesnt look "realistic" unless you have seen real photos of how weird the enviroment can look in the middle east with bad weather.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18417&stc=1&d=1148786647

btw.. the last screenshot is not the game, :)
but a real photo taken from IRAQ with a more agreesive color palette with really bad weather (sand storm). as you see making the game to look more realistic does not means that it needs to look like a traditional sunny day where we live. i will not be suprised if indeed they used their greenish-yellow palette on real screenshots taken from diferent places and time of the day .

Did I say all the textures looked bad? No, I said it was "spotted" with them, which it is, but I'm not going to go through that 15 minute trailer and pull them all out for you. And when did I say the color palette wasn't realistic? Oh right, I didn't say that either, I said it was dull. And that shot provided looks more of an artistic shot than anything else, meaning a color filter was probably used.

MGS4 doesn't look as god like as you're proclaiming it to. I await your next 4 page essay so I can laugh while I pretend to care about your rambling.

Nv40
05-28-06, 12:01 AM
And that shot provided looks more of an artistic shot than anything else, meaning a color filter was probably used.

Did you mean the Last one? that is a real screenshot no filter. thats the way it looks. i know this because i have closer family members that were in Desert Storm and had many photos taken similar to that one ,about that phenomenon that happens with bad weather. in fact it get worse to the point you can barely see without a mask a few feets to any direction.

slick
05-28-06, 12:05 AM
Did you mean the Last one? that is a real screenshot no filter. thats the way it looks. i know this because i have closer family members that were in Desert Storm and had many photos taken similar to that one ,about that phenomenon that happens with bad weather. in fact it get worse to the point you can barely see without a mask a few feets to any direction.

It's a real screenshot? I didn't know you could take screenshots of life.