PDA

View Full Version : XFX 7900 gt extreme edition ,problem w/BF2 game

axelangel
05-27-06, 05:16 AM
Help! XFX video card 7900 gt extreme edition
Video garbage when playing as a commander in battlefield2 ,but playing as a field soldier no problem with the video, what could be the reason? do i need to adjust the global settings?
ive already re install the game and reformat the hardisk,inform it to the ea tech group and did what they've suggest , same problem occur(delete battlefield2 folder)

no problem with other games like Need4speed most wanted,Ghost Rrecon Advance tactical warfare ,half life2 command and conquer generals,

but with F.E.A.R. ,also have video problems too,is the card dead? do i need to return it replace a new 1, it's 2 weeks old, with 1 yr warranty

any suggestion what to do ?
thanks

finortis
05-27-06, 10:14 AM
I have 2xXFX 7900 GT's, and I can tell you that as long as I keep the clocks to their default, I get either some snow on the screen, or the video signal drops out altogether either immediately, or within a short period of time.

The solution is very simple: downclock the memory. This goes back to the stories being run recently in which manufacturers have been overly agressive with their overclocks.

Anyhow, drop it down a little and see if the problem goes away.

axelangel
05-27-06, 09:59 PM
I have 2xXFX 7900 GT's, and I can tell you that as long as I keep the clocks to their default, I get either some snow on the screen, or the video signal drops out altogether either immediately, or within a short period of time.

The solution is very simple: downclock the memory. This goes back to the stories being run recently in which manufacturers have been overly agressive with their overclocks.

Anyhow, drop it down a little and see if the problem goes away.

how to drop or to downclock the memory? just a newbie when adjusting the speed
thanks

a12ctic
05-27-06, 10:08 PM
download coolbits or rivatuner, and move the slider down

SLippe
05-28-06, 01:07 AM
Any chance you are running the new 91.28 drivers and have Purevideo DVD Decoder installed? If so, uninstall the Decoder. If not, then follow above advice.

axelangel
05-28-06, 02:43 AM
download coolbits or rivatuner, and move the slider down

downloaded the rivatuner , how to adjust the slider down?