PDA

View Full Version : yes or no, is there anything that see's 100% cham or invis?

ynnek
05-27-06, 05:38 PM
Well, I have 100% chameleon.. actually 113% to be exact..

just wondering, if there is anything that actually see me now in battle?.. i just want a yes or no answer only... cause now battles are pointless.. now that I can do sneak attacks standing righ tin front of enemies over and over again...

I know under some circumstances, you can still get detected pick pocketing.. but they can't tell where you are still lol..

ynnek
05-28-06, 01:20 AM
well, i read around, and it doesn't seem like there is anything.. Well, t his game just became incredibly easy!

Zelda_fan
05-28-06, 01:51 AM
yes

Detect life can see right through invs or 100%+ cham. However, very few creatures (if any) ever use it. It would be nice if beth made a patch so high level mages users would cast detect life if they noticed something odd (ie like a sword cracking them over the head).

Personally I have a set of enchanted daedric gauntlets with a 102ft detect life on them. Makes me feel like the termanator or something. I zero in on targets behind walls and stuff.

ynnek
05-30-06, 01:18 AM
well, yea.. but as you said, i haven't ran into any creature or enemy thats actually smart enough to do this...

eli
05-30-06, 07:15 AM
I have a set of cam light armour, but i dont use it much, its a spoiler lol. Sometimes when i want to get somewhere without fighting a wolf on the way i'll use it, but not when im on a mission.
It would be nice if when an ememy was hit by you they attempted to strike ramdomly in all directions, its silly how they just stand there and take it.
I also like the idea of more powerfull npc's using detect life, and why can't beast's use their sense of smell, and surely vampires could smell your blood or something?! Its a hole in the game that needs tightning.

|MaguS|
05-30-06, 07:21 AM
I don't see why they didn't make it so that you become visible once you attack so you can't go around hacking at things while invis.

ynnek
05-30-06, 12:38 PM
well, invisibility disappear when you make an action.

Chameleon stays on though, but its only a %.. What kinda breaks everything is when you stack over 100% chameleon.. you can't even see yourself in 3rd person at all.

Detect is kinda broken during normal stealthing. Enemies seem to have a 6th sense to know where exactly you are, although then right when they are standing next to you, they suddenly can't figure out where you are. (I think there is a mod that changes this.) Guard's sometimes seem to teleport out of nowhere and htey have some pretty incredible perception.

Enemies should at least guess more when they can't see you. I know sometimes they appear to hear you.. I think if they bump in you, they should at least take a wild swing.. Mage's should be able to do life detect to tell where you are.. You would still do sneak damage maybe, but at least they should be able to target you and try to hit you..

Ahh well.. every rpg always has some sort of problems like this.

CaptNKILL
05-30-06, 01:59 PM
I don't see why they didn't make it so that you become visible once you attack so you can't go around hacking at things while invis.
They did :p

As ynnek said, chameleon stays on during actions, invisibility doesnt. Chameleon is a % chance that they wont see you. Its not easy to get 100% chameleon in this game.

I agree it is kind of dumb that they dont even try to attack randomly though.

ynnek
05-30-06, 08:55 PM
They did :p

As ynnek said, chameleon stays on during actions, invisibility doesnt. Chameleon is a % chance that they wont see you. Its not easy to get 100% chameleon in this game.

I agree it is kind of dumb that they dont even try to attack randomly though.

yea it is.... do mage's guild recommondations.. then you get access to the inside of the mage's guild stuff.. Walk up to the an enchanting station, and grab a piece of armor, and enchant 20% chameleon with a filled grand soul gem (you can buy these filled up too).. Stack. There's a ring artifact you can find that gives you like 35% too.

I got that, and enchanted amulet, and pants and shirt (I sneak and kite alot so I don't wear armor) thats 95%.. add in a 20% chamelon spell cast with a 93% spell effectiveness (why isn't it 100? oh well), and that brings me to 113%.. I could put on another piece of enchanted armor on, but then again, I might as well use my magic for something and save the armor for other effects.

Oh yea, thats right, depending on your character, you may not be able to enchant chameleon at the stations... I have a custom build of stealth and illusion and regen magic.. so that gives me the option of enchanting stuff with illusion and regen effects.