PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye Source lead modder commits suicide

LiquidX
05-27-06, 09:52 PM
http://goldeneyesource.com/

His dad posted the last part of his suicide note.
http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php?showtopic=4933&st=0

I dont know him or his burdens so I wont speak on the act or judge him. May he rest in peace. It was a great mod by the way which they say will continue.

CaptNKILL
05-27-06, 10:13 PM
Damn, that really sucks :(

RIP

BioHazZarD
05-28-06, 03:41 AM
I dont get it why do something like that ?

msxyz
05-28-06, 05:08 AM
Maybe because it was mentally disturbed.

There are many reasons (more or less rational) that might push a human being to self annihilation, but usually depression or lack of self-esteem alone are not enough. Some type of mental illnesses don't manifest themselves till triggered by some external factors like strong emotional states or use of drugs and, as such, they're difficult to identify or prevent. Usually stress is pointed as one of the major culprit because it can affect hormones production.

A guy that seems perfectly normal until the day before and then commit sucidie is not unheard of. Yes, it's a saddening story but, alas, quite common. The worse part is that the family usually feels responsible, although it's very difficult to predict such apparently irrational behaviours and prevent them.

|MaguS|
05-28-06, 06:39 AM
People who commit suicide are cowards... I will never feel sorry for people who commit the act. Yes, It's sad for the family and I feel sorry for the family members and loved ones but not the person who took his own life...

I wish the best for his family over his loss...

(Might be the catholic in me)

ralinn
05-28-06, 07:51 AM
:/

He obviously done it for a reason. I don't think you can talk like that without knowing the full details.

Mr. Hunt
05-28-06, 08:55 AM
People who commit suicide are cowards... I will never feel sorry for people who commit the act. Yes, It's sad for the family and I feel sorry for the family members and loved ones but not the person who took his own life...

I agree to an extent... I feel sort of bad... but honestly, my life can suck really bad and I can feel really depressed and stuff sometimes... but I would NEVER take my own life. It is just a cowardly way out.

I hope his family is making it, though.

Peoples-Agent
05-29-06, 10:02 AM

I disagree, I wouldn't go asfar to call them cowards.... I would say they were foolish perhaps, but coward is a bit too strong a word. It takes SEVERE amount of balls to top yourself and make sure you get the job done, what really gets to me... is why people don't enforce that determination to do something with their lives rather than to simply take them.

You can't feel sorry for the dead anyways, as they aren't here to acknowledge it.

superklye
05-29-06, 11:40 AM
This is sad. :( And I don't want to get into the whole debate about suicide and it's ethicallity or whatever. All I'll say is that I'm against it except in cases where people are in severe physical pain (and it is untreatable) or are terminally ill and, again, are in pain from their illness. Basically, if they have no chance of ever getting better and are just going to waste away for an undetermined amount of time in blinding pain, I can't say I blame them for taking their life.

Anyway...is GE:S cancelled now, or is the rest of the team going to continue on?

Sazar
05-29-06, 11:58 AM
r.i.p.

mullet
05-30-06, 11:45 AM
I just saw this on another site, very very sad indeed, RIP man. this is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Anyway...is GE:S cancelled now, or is the rest of the team going to continue on?

I believe in there forums some members want to dedicate this mod to him, time will tell.

Badboy_12345
05-30-06, 03:29 PM
I agree to an extent... I feel sort of bad... but honestly, my life can suck really bad and I can feel really depressed and stuff sometimes... but I would NEVER take my own life. It is just a cowardly way out.

I hope his family is making it, though.

well u cant talk before actually going through something really bad..

Some just feel that this world doesnt have anything to offer them, I can understand them and respect there decision.
It sad for the family but should he suffer his whole life just so his family would be happy?

And no one can talk if they havent actually experianced the exact thing in life as he did.

Its like someone who has lived happily 99,9% of his life saying to someone who has been raped, beaten, hurt emotionally, lost everything he ever loved etc etc over and over again.. "Why are u so sad isnt life wonderfull" :rolleyes:

ralinn
05-30-06, 05:31 PM
Indeed. We've all been through alot in our lives and I think quite a fair number of us have thought about it but never gone through with it though. It has to be really bad to actually go through with it. I don't think saying it's "the cowards way out" is very fair. Obviously none of us have been pushed that far.

AdmiralHalsey..
05-30-06, 11:02 PM
I don't know what feelings of hopelessness or lonlyness prompted him to do this, but we all must remember that life is just much worse for some people, like an aids ravaged baby in africa, a child who dies at birth... We are only given one life, NO-ONE is promising us more than that. It is all you get, and his is now gone. I don't care what some of you heartless pricks say, its tragic and I wish he would of found some way to deal with his problems, cause this was no kind of solution. He has simply passed the pain onto his surviving relatives. I hope he found what he was looking for in death...

|JuiceZ|
05-30-06, 11:29 PM
Commiting suicide is one of the single-most selfish things a person can do. My heart goes out to this guy's family because now they will have to live with this heavy burden for the rest of their lives.

supra
05-31-06, 01:43 AM
holy crap!

rip

Riptide
05-31-06, 09:00 AM
Wow I never even knew this thing existed. Is this mod a lot of fun? I really enjoyed the original Goldeneye.

saweetnesstrev
06-01-06, 08:49 AM
i heard it was a very good mod.