PDA

View Full Version : New Monitor no more Doom3

Bugsley.Clown
05-27-06, 10:19 PM
:( I replaced my Dead Flatscreen CRT, with a New Flatscreen LCD, I can no longer play Doom3, Diablo II LOD. After Which I Updated drivers for Monitor(appears to only add Signature for Windows XP), Drivers for Display Adapter.. I think... Forceware 84.21
And reinstalled Doom3; After Uninstall and complete removal of all files. My dial-up is currently attempting to download Doom3 1.3 updates, est. time: 3:25.

When I tried to run Diablo II after the 2 splash screens the screen goes blank, I can hear the game music playing, Its says across the center of the screen [OUT OF RANGE] By pressing the Windows Button(between <alt> & <ctrl>) my desktop returns and I can close the application.

When I tried to run Doom 3 after the start-up screen the screen goes blank, I can hear the game music playing, Its says across the center of the screen [OUT OF RANGE] I cannot get out of the application, (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) doesn't work, only by pressing and holding the On/Off button, and restarting.
Thanks,
Bugsley

Display adapter:
GeForce 6200
Video BIOS Ver. 5.44.A2.05.01
256 Mb
Forceware Version 84.21
"Application Profiles" I have tried, Global Driver Settings, and Doom3 Settings.

Monitor:
ViewSonic VA902b

Pentium 4 2.3 MHz
Windows XP service pack 1

:fu:

lee63
05-27-06, 10:24 PM
Make sure your LCD is at its native refresh rate, which should be 60 or 75 hertz I think for that monitor.

jAkUp
05-27-06, 10:38 PM
Sounds like the games are trying to run at a higher refresh rate, you should be able to change the refresh by editing the .ini file... set it to 60hz

bugmage
05-27-06, 10:53 PM
whats with the clow pic?

Bugsley.Clown
05-27-06, 10:56 PM
This is the current setting.
1280x 1024, 32 bit, 72 hertz

jAkUp
05-27-06, 11:01 PM
Thats your Windows settings? The game might be set to run at 75Hz or 80Hz

GlowStick
05-27-06, 11:14 PM
The problem is your games are calling resolutions/refresh rates that your lcd cannot support. They are doing so because they were configured with your preivous monitor.

For doom3 you can go into the d3base folder and edit the config, honestly just remove the lines protaining to resolution and let it go to default, then configure it again in the control panel.

Im not sure how diablo II sets its rate so you will have to research that.

Bugsley.Clown
05-27-06, 11:15 PM
Thats your Windows settings? The game might be set to run at 75Hz or 80Hz
Here is part of the config file from Doom 3(Attachment)

I marked the resolution.
I added this resolution to the custom settings. I works displaying the desktop I will try doom3 after the download completes.

I don't see refresh rate
............Still waiting for the Update download 1:30......

Sticky Mick
05-27-06, 11:38 PM
Where Diablo II is concerned If there's a Video or Movies folder in the game folder try renaming it. eg if it's called Movies try renaming it Movies1 and then try running the game. Empire Earth is like that. It won't run under XP until you rename the Video folder. If the game doesn't find the default Videos folder it should skip the intros and go straight into the game.;)

john19055
05-29-06, 07:08 AM
I had that problem with my 7900GTX EGS's in quake4 ,my screen would go black but I could still hear the game playing and then it would come back on for a few minutes and then do it again ,I was useing the 91.28 drivers ,I switched back to the 84.56 and it did not do that no more but I had artifacts real bad.

Bugsley.Clown
05-29-06, 08:26 PM
After deleting the config file in Doom 3 folder, I am now able to run Doom 3.
Still no luck with Diablo 2 LOD, I haven't given up yet.
If, and when, I find the installation disk I will try reloading the game. Until then I will try all of your suggestions.
Thanks for the help..
Great forum

XDanger
05-30-06, 01:31 PM
Is 84.21 the HOT set ,Why did nvidia release that in the first place???? Who needs 5c added to thier temps???? The new 91.28 is back to normal temps by the way.

randsom
05-30-06, 02:45 PM
did you install the monitor drivers