PDA

View Full Version : Conroe reviews this week!

AthlonXP1800
05-29-06, 04:02 AM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32000

Someone posted a letter to the Inquirer told he had information directed from a reviwer who attended at an event in Germany on May 22-23rd to to expected reviews to be post on 4th June, that be at the end of this week.

Intel confirmed the yield of Conroe clocked 2.6GHz are low, it does not look like they will be able to sell lots of E6700 for $530 at launch, $730 seem likely if the yield still low.

lee63
05-29-06, 04:14 AM
I hope this not true about the E6700 :thumbdwn:

Goran
05-29-06, 10:36 AM
This is bull and utter bull. Intel was originaly looking for late Q3 release, but moved it to early Q3 just beacuse of "GOOD" yield. The Inquirer is as always speculating in the blue.

lee63
05-29-06, 11:21 AM
I hope your right.

Monolyth
05-29-06, 11:34 AM
Inquirer stabs in the dark 90% of the time sometimes they get a good hit, other times it is complete bs.

Dazz
05-29-06, 11:34 AM
Did you note that it's internal reviews not so benchmarks can be what Intel want?

AthlonXP1800
05-29-06, 11:39 AM
This is bull and utter bull. Intel was originaly looking for late Q3 release, but moved it to early Q3 just beacuse of "GOOD" yield. The Inquirer is as always speculating in the blue.

It from someone called "The Letterman", if you dont believed it and called him utter bull, maybe it better if you want to get more information about the source he get from the reviewr, email to him here (http://www.theinquirer.net/?page=24&authorID=33).

a12ctic
05-29-06, 11:55 AM
the inq isnt a very good source, no, but i do think that intel is pulling a little hat trick with these conroes... the performance is just to good for a intel chip

superklye
05-29-06, 12:36 PM
the inq isnt a very good source, no, but i do think that intel is pulling a little hat trick with these conroes... the performance is just to good for a intel chip
haha...agreed. :)

And the Inquirer is the worst "news" source I've tried to never read again.

nutball
05-29-06, 12:37 PM
Does anyone here remember the launch on the Pentium Pro?

a12ctic
05-29-06, 12:44 PM
nope, but i still have my pentium pro ;)

Sazar
05-29-06, 12:59 PM
Fwiw, from MY sources, yields are pretty decent all round.

Conroe is a great proc :)

Goran
05-29-06, 01:27 PM
A few things to think about here:

1. Both Conroe and the motherboard i965 is still under NDA, that's why Intel don't let the public/reviewers look inside the rigs. Doing so might give the competitors info that they don't yet want to share. It has nothing to do with hiding out secret optimations. In contrary I think the performance can only get better since the hardware they use is not final. Tweaking of the bios and stuff might give us a little more power then we see now. Furthermore, it's unusual of Intel to show of hardware like this before NDA is lifted. Do you guys really think that Intel is stupid enough to do this if they new they will fail at product launch (meaning bad yield and performance)? I say they pretty much do this on purpose and it's a part of their new marketing strategy.

2. Woodcrest is to debut before Conroe by a month. Woodcrest is using the same core as Conroe albeit higher clocked and higher FSB. Sources says Woodcrest is on track so that means the fab of the core is going very well, meaning Conroe will be here at time and at the price we first saw.

Son Goku
05-29-06, 02:58 PM
It from someone called "The Letterman", if you dont believed it and called him utter bull, maybe it better if you want to get more information about the source he get from the reviewr, email to him here (http://www.theinquirer.net/?page=24&authorID=33).

And whether the link would actually go to a guy at Intel, or the INQ is pretending to have someone, to make their story sound more credible... That said, even if there was a real guy, I doubt I'd want to go contacting someone from Intel as to the merit of an INQ story. And if it's the latter, who knows how far out the dog and pony show could be played.

Mr_LoL
05-29-06, 10:25 PM
I still wont be suprised if the conroe chips are as fast as Intel have demonstrated they are. I mean they can throw vasts amounts of money at R&D. More than AMD can. Intell will be bound to start making good chips again. Then again I would laugh if they only just keep pace with the x2's.

jAkUp
05-29-06, 11:37 PM
Hmmm. at E3 the Intel guys said the yields on Conroes was very good...

Conroe will totally pwn AM2 X2's. Everybody knows it, early 2007 from AMD should be interesting. I love AMD, but it would take pure blind fanboyism to choose an X2 over a Conroe. It would be like choosing a Pentium4 over an X2 now.