PDA

View Full Version : Advice required on building a new pc.

kam03
05-29-06, 07:57 PM
I'm looking to build a new pc around end of june. I wanted to know if there are any new hardware being released from amd, intel, ati and nvidia around the time I make my purchase?

Thanks

grey_1
05-29-06, 08:16 PM
I'm looking to build a new pc around end of june. I wanted to know if there are any new hardware being released from amd, intel, ati and nvidia around the time I make my purchase?

Thanks
I don't know about nv and ati, but you will definetly want to look into intels new Conroe, due out I believe 2-3 months.

ViN86
05-30-06, 09:15 AM
conroe is a definite to wait for. also, Vista will be becoming the standard soon. by the middle of '07 all the models should be released and it should be the standard. if youre a gamer, id wait for a DX10 compatible video card. but if you upgrade every few months, then go for a 7900/7950

Salamandar
05-30-06, 12:38 PM
Though I will never put my money on an intel solution, Conroe is very very breath taking, yet again I;ll never put my money on intel CPU.

einstein_314
05-30-06, 12:49 PM
conroe is a definite to wait for. also, Vista will be becoming the standard soon. by the middle of '07 all the models should be released and it should be the standard. if youre a gamer, id wait for a DX10 compatible video card. but if you upgrade every few months, then go for a 7900/7950
What he said ^^^