PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 4 420 Go

NrthnStar5
05-29-06, 08:28 PM
Hey everyone, i just got a used Toshiba satellite Pro 6100 with a GeForce 4 420 go chipset... trying to find the latest drivers that support this chipset... and am having no luck. Any help would be great!

nukem
05-29-06, 09:19 PM
You can download the offical nvidia drivers here (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp). If those dont work goto Toshiba's web page and look up that laptop, they should provide there own drivers as well.

mobilenvidia
05-30-06, 04:21 AM
It's no use going to NVIDIA's website you'll not find a single driver there that will work.
Toshiba's site will give you a driver older than time it's self.

Follow link in my sig, and you'll drown in drivers that have been modded to work with your GPU.

Enjoy :)

NrthnStar5
05-30-06, 03:27 PM
I downloaded the drivers from laptop website... however... when i install them
at the very end, i get a blue screen of death and have to reboot

something i'm doing wrong?

mobilenvidia
05-30-06, 04:25 PM
I assume your running a driver waaaay back in the 20's to 40's series ?
Get hold of something like Driver Cleaner pro.
Uninstall driver, reboot to safe mode, run DC then reboot again
Now install a driver of choice.

Toshiba's are very finnecky machines they are probably the most problematic machines out there.
So be prepared :)
We also keep OEM drivers on the server look out for Toshiba drivers, that may support your machine.

Good luck

NrthnStar5
06-01-06, 10:30 AM
Unfortunatly, I still cannot get the drivers to install. I download the file, the modded .inf file, replace the .inf, install. I reboot, and i get a BSOD after boot screen and computer reboots. I have to boot to safe-mode to uninstall. The only drivers i can use are from the windows update and they are in the 40's version. Anyone have any tips on getting this to install on my Toshiba Satellte Pro 6100?