PDA

View Full Version : Quad SLi 7950 vs. Future question

djstriker91
05-30-06, 12:09 AM
Pretty much, I have no limit on buying a new computer and decided just for the fun of it to go with Alienware. I have no price limit, and I see the potential Quad SLi has, so I'm going with that. So, according to what I've read, the 7950 is coming out in the next week or so and I'm sure Alienware will be quick to pick it up and start selling it, is there going to be another update after that or do you think that's going to be it?

I see no info of the G80's rolling out any time soon and the DX10 cards are just out of this year's release time. So should I wait until the 7950s come out and get them off Alienware or is there a huge jump coming out soon?

SH64
05-30-06, 12:26 AM
I dont think the R600/G80 are coming anytime soon .. if any they might make it to market at the end of the year. until then the Quad SLI should rule the graphics card market.

|MaguS|
05-30-06, 12:30 AM
if it works...

djstriker91
05-30-06, 01:58 AM
I think from what the benchmarks have seen so far that nvidia finally got the Quad SLi thing right this time around

Monnie Rock
05-30-06, 03:47 AM
I suggest you get the water cooled versions from Alienware if you can...You might be able to get some extra mileage out of the Quad system. Clocks are low default.

Monnie