PDA

View Full Version : Question about BFG

areadenial
05-30-06, 03:20 AM
My question relates to BFG support/RMA.

I've owned a 6800 Ultra OC with the 1/4" inch water block for about 18 months now. Recently(2 days ago), I started getting massive pixel artifacting. I read around on the forum and found that pixel artifacting is caused by overheating/damaged VRam, rather than the core, and if it were the core, I'd be seeing polygon distortion. Now I've never changed the clock speeds, but I have changed the water block to a half incher. I left the stock VRam heatsinks in place though, and the VRam seems to be the problem. Under load, the core has remained at a normal temperature.

My main question is of course this. For those of you who have dealt with BFG support before, do you think they'd replace it? The issue relates to an unmodified area of the card(supposedly), so I've in no way damaged the card. Would they still consider it under warranty, or even still replace it? The only way I can be sure is to call them, but I guess their 24/7 support is closed on holidays.

Also.. how does BFG work with RMA's? When I bought my card, it was about 600 dollars from Newegg. Would BFG replace the same kind of card, or replace it based on price? I love that 6800U with my heart and soul, but if they were to replace it, it would kind of be nice to get a 7800GTX SLI, which on Newegg is cheaper than what I got the 6800U for.

Thanks.

areadenial
05-30-06, 03:37 AM
Disregard this post. They said if it's dead, they can't replace it. =/

AthlonXP1800
05-30-06, 04:50 AM
Disregard this post. They said if it's dead, they can't replace it. =/

Well I found BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra with water block was discontinued so that why they cant replace it, they will replace it with brand new BFG Geforce 7900 GTX card for the same price you paid for your BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra with water block. :)

I owned a BFG Geforce 6800 GT AGP card in 2005 but it went dead 1 month later and I called BFG to issued RMA for replacement, it took them 2 weeks to send me a brand new BFG 6800 GT AGP card. That great thing for lifetime warranty. :D

areadenial
05-30-06, 04:52 AM
They said the reason they can't replace it is because I changed the water block. Odd that it's an issue with the VRam, which still has the stock heatsinks.. but I guess they can't make exceptions, though I wish they would. =/

|MaguS|
05-30-06, 05:01 AM
They said the reason they can't replace it is because I changed the water block. Odd that it's an issue with the VRam, which still has the stock heatsinks.. but I guess they can't make exceptions, though I wish they would. =/

You voided the warrenty, sucks but was your choice to do so.

areadenial
05-30-06, 05:05 AM
I am aware this was my choice and even voiced over the phone to a BFG rep(when they apologized for being unable to replace it) that it was my choice to in fact, void the warranty. I am not pissed at BFG, I am frustrated with the situation as anyone would be, the situation being that the card is screwed, not that BFG wont replace the card. I understand their position, at the same time, my modification is not the problem.

Don't give me an attitude for no reason. Obviously I am going to wish they'd make an exception, anyone would with a 600 dollar video card. I am not going on some rant la NoMoreBFG4me, so please do not treat this like it is one.