PDA

View Full Version : Sonys Pressconference in a nutshell

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
05-30-06, 03:00 PM
My apologies if this video has been posted before, but it just cracked me up and I litterally lolled (rare thing for me to do :D)

http://www.gameklip.com/v/719/

Notice that even though it's all been cut, it has not been cut out of context i.e. they don't create new sentences and meanings out of cut-out words (IMO). Take it for what it is, funny stuff :D

Also stumpled over this at wii60.com: http://www.wii60.com/uploads/456.jpg (watch the video first, then it'll make sense).

msxyz
05-30-06, 03:11 PM
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/179.gif
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/381.gif
:lol:

slick
05-30-06, 03:25 PM
Oh god, so priceless.

I still think the funniest part is when he goes "RIDDDDDDDDGE RACER!" and like two people go "...wooo?" and then the entire hall stays silent.

Even you Sony people have to admit that their E3 conference was a complete joke. The gaming gods attacked it's weak point for massive damage. :rofl

Gaco
05-30-06, 03:38 PM
Yeah!
And:

Real time weapon change - OMG :D

Ninja which is based on Japanese history. The stages of the game will also be based on famous battles which actually took place in Japan...

" _So here's this enemy giant crab..._"
:super:

Also there is something really funny the way they fit in the Grand Turismo 4scene perfectly: *wwrrhuuummm - toot toot toot* in extension to the Sony marketing people's remarks =D

ENU291
05-30-06, 04:50 PM
Massive flame bait here. The funny thing about all this is that I agree with what was said at the end of the video.

LiquidX
05-30-06, 05:16 PM
I kept seeing photochopped crabs all over the place and I didnt get it but once you do its the funniest thing ever.

Realtime weapon change?:afraid: I dont think he plays games much.:)

Ninja Prime
05-30-06, 10:52 PM
LOL, now all those "giant enemy crab" things make sense. :D

Japanese history ftw.

Connaught
05-31-06, 11:28 AM
great video...I watched the presentation live but, I guess when I got bored 5min into the conferance I missed some truely entertaining (not the kind of entertainment sony was looking for) parts.

Really liked the part about the cheap gimmicks...ah too good.

Toss3
05-31-06, 01:47 PM
ROFLMAO!! I totally missed those things while watching it the first time, must have been too tired to think! :D Japanese history rules, and real-time weapon change? That's AMAZING!! Well I'll I can say is RRRRIDGE RACERRR!!!!

Edit: What's up with the car game they keep showing? Imho it looks very good! :)

msxyz
05-31-06, 05:01 PM
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/479.gif

GamerGuyX
05-31-06, 05:32 PM
Edit: What's up with the car game they keep showing? Imho it looks very good! :)

Gran Turismo 4 - a PS2 game.

The only difference with the video is that it's in 1080p resolution on the PS3.

oldsk00l
05-31-06, 08:43 PM
aahahahahahahaha

It's exhilarating

And the real time weapon change, priceless.

YOU THEN ATTACK THE CRAB'S WEAK POINT, FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

pakotlar
05-31-06, 10:46 PM
That sony ad is HILLARIOUS. oh my god... "I'm going to beat you! And it's going to hurt! Because....I don't know!" that kid is the man, someone get him a grammy. Sony you're finished lol.

Edge
06-01-06, 02:47 AM
Hmm, I wonder where NV40 is, usually he's one of the first to comment on Playstation 3-related threads.

Toss3
06-02-06, 05:03 AM
Heh they missed the "We're not about cutting corners[...]" part, now where did the extra ports dissapear to? :eek2:

rek075
06-09-06, 03:53 PM
Wow. Sony's press conference was the worst I'd ever seen. They should be embarrassed.

EvilEye
06-11-06, 06:42 AM
If Sony manages to sell any PS3's outside Japan, where the most Sony fanboys obviously lives, I'm gonna turn over some crabs and hit them at their weak point for massive damage :D . And what about this Blue Ray story? Havn't Sony learned from every other format they have tried to put out on the market? Beta Max anyone? I'm not a MS fanboy but MS won this round IMO.

msxyz
06-11-06, 07:38 AM
Actually it could be quite the opposite. Perople lining in front of US and european stores to get the PS3 at launch while the japanese might prefer the Wii at least for the first six months.

Hex
06-11-06, 07:40 AM
TGS is what matters.
Sony has a history of saving their big pushes for TGS since it is more fan based than just "insiders" .
Hopefully they will bring their A game.

Gaco
06-11-06, 12:08 PM
TGS is what matters.
Sony has a history of saving their big pushes for TGS since it is more fan based than just "insiders" .
Hopefully they will bring their A game.

And hopefully more than just one A game (MGS4).

jAkUp
06-11-06, 12:22 PM
lmao real time weapon change..haha

Hex
06-11-06, 12:34 PM
And hopefully more than just one A game (MGS4).
I consider MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Assassin's creed , and Final Fantasy XIII all A games but of course that is just my opinion.

What was 360s A game at launch...hmm Quake 4 maybe?
(in and around launch I should say, we never know when an FF game will ever get finished)

GamerGuyX
06-11-06, 12:45 PM
And what about this Blue Ray story? Havn't Sony learned from every other format they have tried to put out on the market? Beta Max anyone? I'm not a MS fanboy but MS won this round IMO.

Blu-Ray is not a Sony only format. There are many other companies behind Blu-Ray. This is much different than Betamax.

And there is no e in Blu-Ray. ;)

K007
06-11-06, 12:54 PM
lol

Namrok
06-12-06, 08:10 AM
I consider MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Assassin's creed , and Final Fantasy XIII all A games but of course that is just my opinion.

What was 360s A game at launch...hmm Quake 4 maybe?
(in and around launch I should say, we never know when an FF game will ever get finished)

Don't compare MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Assassin's Creed and FFXIII to the 360's launch list, as none of those are launch titles for the PS3 either. I'll give you Tekken though, it's supposed to be.

But at any rate, it's impractical to compare game titles on the basis of how long they came out after the system launched. You have to compare what is available at the same point in time. You can't pick games from 6 months from now for the PS3, games from 6 months ago for the 360, and compare them. Well, you can, it just doesn't MEAN anything.