PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 3 first "realtime" screenshot ?

SH64
05-30-06, 10:56 PM
Looks good ..

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2291/cod30014gp.jpg

slick
05-30-06, 11:22 PM
I like the smoke.

Water still looks like ass though.

SH64
05-30-06, 11:26 PM
I like the smoke.

Water still looks like ass though.

Yeah CoD games are well-known for thier realstic smoke effects. water looks ok to me , but the land textures look previous gen :o

jAkUp
05-30-06, 11:27 PM
Yea that looks more ingame than that fake trailer.

Looks ok, but not groundbreaking. However, the smoke looks amazing.

msxyz
05-31-06, 02:54 AM
At least, there are no jaggies this time ;)

Gaco
05-31-06, 05:39 AM
After I saw the trailer i thought "no way, that is definently not ingame". Surely that screenshot looks much more like the real thing. There's a whole generation or two between the cinematic and that screenshot :)

msxyz
05-31-06, 06:29 AM
Some of you will be disappointed to learn that Treyarch ( Didn't they work on the mediocre Big Red One? ) and not Infinity Ward are making this game.

ENU291
05-31-06, 09:22 AM
What is Treyarch's track record?

|MaguS|
05-31-06, 09:41 AM
What is Treyarch's track record?

Call of Duty series on the consoles. Big Red One was a decent title.

pakotlar
05-31-06, 11:34 PM
that screenshot is amazing. sure, the ground textures wont be perfect up close, but I can't look at that screenshot and honestly think "meh". it is as next-gen as it gets, so far. and I watched the video. from memory this ss looks very comparable. I'd be really surprised if that is the quality of AA well be seeing though. everything else looks extremely good, but still within the realm of doable. this and other 2nd gen x360 games are beginning to look like a quantum leap over previous gen consoles.

jAkUp
05-31-06, 11:47 PM
I dunno if I say that screenshot is amazing... take out the smoke and it looks pretty general.

LiquidX
06-01-06, 12:19 AM
I would have guessed it to be a drawing or render if not for the smoke and water which are comparable to COD. I cant to see what a game like COD looks like when its built ground up for next-gen consoles.

|MaguS|
06-01-06, 07:41 AM
that screenshot is amazing. sure, the ground textures wont be perfect up close, but I can't look at that screenshot and honestly think "meh". it is as next-gen as it gets, so far. and I watched the video. from memory this ss looks very comparable. I'd be really surprised if that is the quality of AA well be seeing though. everything else looks extremely good, but still within the realm of doable. this and other 2nd gen x360 games are beginning to look like a quantum leap over previous gen consoles.

Wait... so your impressed by this lowres ****ty shot but think MGS4 looks PS2 quality? You either need to get your eyes checked or are a total PS3 hater...

Heck you don't even know what console this shot is from considering that its in development for both the PS3 and X360...

slick
06-01-06, 04:40 PM
Yeah, aside from the smoke, everything else is par at best. Some of the land textures are really bad.

Gaco
06-01-06, 07:06 PM
Hmm.. I'm was just reminded of how tired I really am of CoD's gameplay. It's just not enough, a simple, simple shooter. HL2 Episode 1, Halo and even to some extend Quake 4 singleplayer had so many more layers than CoD2 had for me. I'm not looking real much foward to CoD3, especially not having seen that screenshot..