PDA

View Full Version : My TV-Out picture flickers

vtveteran
05-31-06, 08:32 AM
I reformatted a few weeks ago and the reformat introduced an annoying flicker. Basically the screen just flashes black at regular intervals every few seconds. Using nvhardpage I noticed some graphics card activity coinciding with each flicker. I've tried three different drivers (77.77, 84.21 and 85.something), with the same result each time. I don't get the flicker in Safe Mode, or during boot-up. I tried reducing the hardware acceleration and the flicker stopped one notch above zero acceleration, with only basic acceleration enabled (which brought with it a deathly irritating pop-up screen every other second telling me to enable hardware acceleration). I'm presuming it's a driver issue or conflict, and I'd just like to know how I can identify what's causing the problem.

I have a Gainward 6800GT GS, Gigabyte GA-7N400 (nForce 2) with an XP2500 Barton clocked to 3200+. Windows is also installed on a RAID0 array, running through a PCI RAID controller, if that makes any difference. I've connected the TV through S-Video Out/SCART in, and am using it as a cloned screen.

I've had a look around the forums for a few hours and not found this problem, sorry if it's been answered before.

Please help!

Infinity666
05-31-06, 09:46 AM
I dont have my tv hooked up right now but there are settings to control flicker have you tried them?

vtveteran
05-31-06, 10:09 AM
I dont have my tv hooked up right now but there are settings to control flicker have you tried them?

Yeah, it's not like the usual flicker. It's just one distinct flash, accompanied by a small spike in GPU activity, repeated with around 5 second intervals. I only use my TV to watch videos, and after a while you tend to block it out, but it's still genuinely annoying. Nothing else is wrong with the picture.

egyteam
05-31-06, 10:24 AM
you have to disable Hardware Accceleration from the video decoder you use, cyberlink, purevideo...

vtveteran
05-31-06, 10:50 AM
you have to disable Hardware Accceleration from the video decoder you use, cyberlink, purevideo...

I get the flicker even when I don't have any programs open. Basically when I boot up the computer, the flicker will start, only on the TV, as soon as I've logged into Windows.