PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1.3 Patch....Has it helped you?

mwat
02-03-03, 11:18 PM
Just installed the new 1.3 patch and I am impressed!!! Both the GF boxes that I was having stuttering issues with can now run the game at 1024x768x32@85 with the "High" setting with out a stutter to be found. Good Job Dice.

Cheers

Matthyahuw
02-04-03, 12:58 AM
IT'S OUT OFFICIALLY NOW???

gotta check it out!

Matthyahuw
02-04-03, 02:09 AM
is it just me, or do you guys have a lot of connection problems now?
I've been dropped by 2 different severs already in an hour...not fun (1.5Mbps cable)

vampireuk
02-04-03, 02:55 AM
Does it solve the issue of shooting someone in the head with the k98 or no4 and they just carry on living?:D

St Lobus
02-04-03, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Does it solve the issue of shooting someone in the head with the k98 or no4 and they just carry on living?:D

That was a bug? Shoot...I just thought it was some sort of top secret Axis Technology.

I had a friend at one of my lan parties who was a sniper. He's really good at FPSs, especially the sniping, and it was hilarious to watch him nail someone right in the head, and that person turn around and kill him. He didn't find much humor in it at the time, but came to laugh with us later.

nin_fragile14
02-04-03, 09:20 PM
Everything is working well for me.

ragejg
02-05-03, 06:11 AM
any fixes for sbLive! crackling? Or is that still classified as a "creative end" problem?

vampireuk
02-05-03, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by St Lobus

I had a friend at one of my lan parties who was a sniper. He's really good at FPSs, especially the sniping, and it was hilarious to watch him nail someone right in the head, and that person turn around and kill him. He didn't find much humor in it at the time, but came to laugh with us later.

Yeah that happens all the time to me, I sneak round the back of a enemy point crawl to the top of a hill nearby ready to pick them off so the tanks and assault units can get up there.....and none of the shots hit at all:rolleyes:

Starscream
02-05-03, 01:13 PM
After installing this patch I'm getting all sorts of crashes I didn't get before. :mad:

ARGH!

mwat
02-05-03, 09:29 PM
Starscream what are you system specs?

gravioli
02-05-03, 10:18 PM
Patch works great for me. It is also works fine with RtR too. :D I still can't believe that they make you edit the videodefault.con file to get around the refresh rate problem though. :mad:

LiquidX
02-05-03, 11:02 PM

I have been getting dropped alot. Also I play alot of online games and for some reason this game now causes me to completly lose my internet connection.

lol-head shots still dont "kill you dead".

DXnfiniteFX
02-06-03, 12:41 AM
I have the patch installed.

1. Although they claim the crackling on the Live! has been fixed, it hasn't. Once you finish a map the victory screen will stutter and play stuttering sound that completely slows down system response time. The mouse will hardly react. This is completely unacceptable.

2. They NEED to implement a fix for vertical sync, bad. The vertical sync disabled really kills my experience. You can only enjoy the game so much until the tank in front of you "splits" due to some EXTREMELY easy to implement option.

3. They need volumetric smoke has a video optoin. The volumetric fog often stutters many computers and in numerous games. While they are on it, they need a refresh rate add on.

4. Is it just me, or does evironmental mapping useless? I can't notice a difference. Can someone show me an area where it does make a difference?

vampireuk
02-06-03, 07:28 AM
The new look and sound of the weapons it alot better now. Also they have fixed the aiming problem, I had one hell of a sniping game yesterday:D The allieds tried sneaking round the back and I was laid down on a hill across the other side, they didnt know what hit them:angel:

madthumbs
02-06-03, 09:29 AM
The update made the game much smoother for me, and elminated teh subtle checkerboard artifacts in the water (possibly a result of 9500 to 9700 hack).

Starscream
02-06-03, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by mwat
Starscream what are you system specs?

Tualain Celeron 1.3 @ 1612
640 megs of ram
SB Live Value
and my video card is a crusty old Hercules Prophet 4500 (Kyro 2) running 191 mhz core/mem.

mwat
02-06-03, 02:12 PM
I would try down clocking to your stock speeds. I know it prolly worked fine before the patch but some of the rendering of the game was changed and this might be what's causing your crashes. This is were I would start to resolve the issue.

Cheers

Starscream
02-06-03, 04:41 PM
Yes and that's where I start when troubleshooting as well. I get the same crashes at stock speed.

edit - ugh. The connection for the fan on my video card was only making an intermittent connection and wasn't spinning all the time. Fixed it now and the crashes are gone. :rolleyes:

gravioli
02-06-03, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw

I get dropped fairly frequently now. It's usually one of two things: 1) Server crash, or 2) Autokick. Lately, I have been getting autokicked a lot. This happens because you are kicked based on total TKs during the entire duration you play on a server. For example, if the server is set to kick you after 5 TKs and you play 5 rounds and accidentally kill one person each round, you will be kicked. IMO, it should depend on how many times you TK per round. Anybody else notice this?

Zeta
02-07-03, 01:37 AM
No.

DaveW
02-07-03, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by DXnfiniteFX
I have the patch installed.
4. Is it just me, or does evironmental mapping useless? I can't notice a difference. Can someone show me an area where it does make a difference?

The env mapping makes a couple of the planes look slightly glossy, but its not very noticable.