View Full Version : PC/Xbox 360 through 1 set of speakers?

06-01-06, 08:27 AM
Is there any kind of device, cable or adapter that will allow me to run both my PC and Xbox 360 through one set of speakers? I use the Logitech Z-2300s. Right now my 360 is connected to the speakers via the RCA to mini adapter, and I'm using my Logitech USB headset for my PC.

06-01-06, 08:47 AM
I friend of mine has his 360 connected to his Dell 2405FPW and it works great. He also owns a pair of Klipsch 2.1 speakers so what he did was connect the 360 audio to a RCA to mini plug adapter then plugged the adapter to the "line in" port of the speakers.

06-01-06, 10:03 AM
That's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't think the Z-2300s have a line-in port. :(

06-01-06, 11:55 AM
my 360 is hooked up optically via the hd-vga/audio adapter to my z-5450s, while my computer is hooked in via rca jacks. the z-5450s use a central console for audio inputs, which makes it easy to have simultaneous devices hooked up. Monitor is a Dell 2005FP, which is also hooked up via the hd-vga/audio adapter while the computer is hooked up via dvi. No switching of cables necessary, just press a few buttons.:D

06-01-06, 12:35 PM
split the input connection on the speakers and run both into it. just dont put sound through both at the same time. you can find mini splitters at radioshack. youd probably need a 3 female y piece, which im not sure if the make or not.

you could get a 2 female Y mini adapter. get two of them, and plug one into the other (that will link the male end of the speaker cable with the male end of the Y adapter), then run both mini plugs from your PC and 360 into the other Y.

lol i know it sounds complicated, but its really not. im sure theres a better solution out there too.

another option is to get one of these:
then run the source cable to the speakers and the two outputs to your PC and 360. i know its backwards, but its not like cables have orientations, heh.

06-05-06, 07:19 PM
I was poking around online and I saw that some of the old Creative Audigys with breakout boxes have the necessary ports on them to run the 360's RCA outputs to them. If I were to purchase one of these cards, could I theoretically have sound output through the speakers if I connected the 360 to the breakout box and the speakers to the sound card? I realize my PC would probably have to be on for this to work, but that's not a big deal. Plus I wouldn't be stuck using my onboard sound.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. :)