PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Conroe chipset board

bkswaney
06-02-06, 01:23 AM
Anyone know what nvidia board is going to support conroe?
I wonder if the NF4 SLI intel Ed is going to work with a bios update?

sabersix1
06-02-06, 01:22 PM
I asked Bryan del Rizzo/Nvidia and he told me that the new Nvidia NForce5 590 x16 for Intel Conroe will be released from the Nvidia Channel Partners in June. Probably by Tuesday, at Computex, You will be seeing all the Top Tier Partners release thier own versions NForce 5 x16 SLI for Intel Conroe or Presler CPU's. The Conroe is expected for Official release from Intel on July 23rd. With the EE at 2.93GHz and 1066MHz FSB and then later this year they will release a 3.2Ghz EE.

bkswaney
06-02-06, 10:31 PM
Thanx for the reply.
I was thinking about getting a 975x chipset board because they
r suppose to handle the conroe but I'm a little afraid it will not.

I can get a Abit NI8 SLI , case, 500 watt sli PS, 3.2 Celeron and high performance heatsink/fan all for 189.00.

If only the NF4SLI would handle a conroe. :thumbdwn:

I thought about just picking it up and throwing a Intel 805D in it.
The 805 should hit 3.8Ghz+ easy.
That's a lot of bang for the buck that's for sure. :)

jAkUp
06-03-06, 12:12 AM
Yea 975X board will do it, but in all honosty, I would wait for the Nforce5 590. I'm gonna hold out for the DFI Conroe NF5 board :D

bkswaney
06-03-06, 02:27 AM
Yea 975X board will do it, but in all honosty, I would wait for the Nforce5 590. I'm gonna hold out for the DFI Conroe NF5 board :D

I know... I know..... T-R-Y-I-N-G ---T-O--- H-O-L-D- ---O-U-T.
M U S T not let money burn hole in packet. :rofl:

Man I'm ready to start building NOW. MUST---- HOLD ----- OUT.. :p

Tikiman44
06-03-06, 11:52 PM
I hope that ASUS makes a nice nforce Conroe board.

Sazar
06-04-06, 12:23 AM
I know... I know..... T-R-Y-I-N-G ---T-O--- H-O-L-D- ---O-U-T.
M U S T not let money burn hole in packet. :rofl:

Man I'm ready to start building NOW. MUST---- HOLD ----- OUT.. :p

Heh, I've been holding out for a Vista upgrade session for a while.

I am almost ready to bite the bullet but friggin options man lol

retsam
06-04-06, 12:59 AM
bingo.... i really hope nvidia comes up with some cool new features in the nf5 590..

jAkUp
06-04-06, 01:37 AM
Yea, the 975x is a pretty good chipset, but its old, and not designed around Conroe. Conroe works yea, but you need a BIOS update so its probably a hack job :)

Son Goku
06-04-06, 04:08 AM
I would pretty much count against an nF4 or any other previous gen nForce chipset supporting a Conroe. The new CPU isn't out yet, and adding support for a new CPU arch isn't necessarily as simple as just flashing the BIOS.

In fact given the different in memory controllers alone (the integrated on the A64 vs. the setup for Conroe), it's almost a given that a new design is going to be necessary wrt chipset support. Given nVidia has already developed the NF4 and isn't looking to go back and re-design it again for another CPU, the next chipset (aka the nForce 5) would be the most logical guess...

sabersix1
06-05-06, 03:00 PM
Giga-byte has a pretty Feature rich GA-965P-DQ6 which BTW is already set up for Quad-Core CPU's. Here is a link:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2295&ModelName=GA-965P-DQ6