PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942 Completely Ported to Battlefield Vietnam

johnkeel105
06-03-06, 03:52 AM
I know both are old games and usually this section is used for newer games but not older. I thought that perhaps someone would like to know that something like this was released. I have played it and there are a few performance issues but other then that it looks great. Water is fugly tho.:(
But for the most part its A+. So if anyone wants to check it out go ahead!

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_Vietnam_WWII_Mod_Extended_Client_Files ;63518

toxikneedle
06-03-06, 08:40 AM
I wish it was BF2 instead. I don't even wanna reinstall BF:V at this point.

johnkeel105
06-03-06, 09:54 AM
likewise!

CaptNKILL
06-03-06, 12:00 PM
Yeah, why the hell did they port it to BF:V? That game sucked and the engine ran like crap compared to both BF1942 and BF2.

Maybe they just did it because BF:V and BF1942 were pretty much identical gameplay wise.

It was most likely a time issue. They probably started this long before BF2 was released.

toxikneedle
06-03-06, 02:24 PM
Yeah, why the hell did they port it to BF:V? That game sucked and the engine ran like crap compared to both BF1942 and BF2.

Maybe they just did it because BF:V and BF1942 were pretty much identical gameplay wise.

It was most likely a time issue. They probably started this long before BF2 was released.
Well as far as I know that mod started after EA released the official WW2 mod for BF:V. The mod team just started adding all the other maps; not just the pacific maps that EA ported. I doubt anyone is still modding or even playing BF:V at this point. Props to the team for the work though.

johnkeel105
06-03-06, 10:21 PM
People still play BFV but not very many. And the mod was started before Battlefield 2 came out. I wish it would be ported to Battlefield 2 but perhaps the Forgotten Hope 2 mod will port some of the old maps. That would be awesome.