PDA

View Full Version : Bought New PC for my sister :)

Neophyte
06-03-06, 02:38 PM
Well sinds my sister is still running a casset AMD processor wich is running @ 900Mhz and has well (crap for the rest)

I decieded to buy a new PC for her, couse i love her.
Shes on holliday right now on some sort of camping, and before she left she asked me to look onto her system couse it was acting wrong or something (Again)... so i thought it is a nice pressent for her when she comes back.

This is what i bought for her (and a bit for myself :D )

Now she is not a gamer @ all.. but i thought (just for the heck of it) it aint gone be the system anymore that has issue's! I can blame her over and over agian for not being able to keep the system clean from stuff.... anyway's..

3,5" diskdrive black

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ BOXED *SanDiego-Core* (Socket 939) (for my dad, she can have my dad's processor wich is an 3200+amd 64 wich i gave to my dad ^^)

Logitech Value Keyboard OEM zwart

Antec LifeStyle Sonata II 450Watt

Asus Nvidia EN6600GT/HTD 256MB DDR3 SDRAM (PCI-E)

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (bought this for myself, she can have my MSI)

Plextor DVD +-R/+-RW PX-750A white/black

Other then that.. i have some ram lying arround (Dad get's my corsair 1 gig ramset with those led lights) My sister has to settle for 512 mb twinmos ram. I also have a 120 Gig HDD lying around wich im gone give her. ohhh i forgot she also get's my old ? Creative 1024 Soundblaster live.

as for myself.... why did i bought the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert ? well couse i wanne go SLI and i like the UV stuff ^^ lol
Extra width PCI-E slots for clerence etc..

mullet
06-03-06, 03:14 PM
Nice job, im sure she will like it man.

Neophyte
06-03-06, 03:31 PM
Nice job, im sure she will like it man.i'm sure she like's the fact i care about her and willing to pay my hard earned money to provide her with something she has no knowledge of hahaha:) im doomed.

Tuork
06-03-06, 04:07 PM
I wish I had a brother like you... hehe

I'm the only computer literate person in my family (including cousins, etc)... so I'm left to buy all those expensive gadgets for myself.

Oh well...can't really complain...

SH64
06-03-06, 04:12 PM
i'm sure she like's the fact i care about her and willing to pay my hard earned money to provide her with something she has no knowledge of hahaha:) im doomed.
Not to ruin your thread or anything , but why did you buy her something that she has no knowledge of :confused:
& as i understand she's not even interested in a new PC .. if i were you i'd buy her something more "girly" that she has knowledge & interest in.

anyway hope she likes it & all goes well :)

Neophyte
06-03-06, 04:26 PM
Not to ruin your thread or anything , but why did you buy her something that she has no knowledge of :confused:
& as i understand she's not even interested in a new PC .. if i were you i'd buy her something more "girly" that she has knowledge & interest in.

anyway hope she likes it & all goes well :) Nah i could give her money just instead like i allready do etc... but she alway's complains about her pc not being able to etc... So i bought her a new one just so she can get of my back (and yes becouse i love her)

She's behind her computer allot... and i know she's drooling onto mine.
Why Not something girly ? like birthday's etc... ? Nah i was more into something she uses everyday (yes including parfume)

i could have just give her the money wich is 700+- € but there's alway's another day... you sound like it's just for one time. It's a Brand new PC right now wich i bet she will love compared to the system she has right now / compared to the system we all have... I just don't want her to be running behind of things.
She has a freeking 900 Mhz processor (AMD casset) and im thinking in her way becouse im alway's upgrading and giving things to my dad instead... So im buying a new system for her so she knows i know without speaking or talking about it.

I'm sure she will like it. Not into gaming or computers doesn't mean things can go as twice 3th 4 th as fast then her previous setup (and im talking old old ****) She can ahndle things just fine... (keep in mind... running such old system who's fault is it when things go wrong?) (Again im talking about this http://www.dansdata.com/images/tbird/tbird320.jpg

it's not like i wanted to do this or planned on doing.. it's just becouse my sister left yesterday, leaving me a note on my desk if i could look onto her system to reformat etc.... (so she is using the pc everyday! for importent stuff like online banking etc..) A stable system is importent @ those tasks.

I don't want her to be left behind, couse my dad and excpessially me are updating stuff.... So i wanted to buy her something nice.

It's not something i planned on doing.... I can buy her girly stuff anytime for less Money if you know what i mean.

What's the point ey you brought me onto a new idea Why not buy a new pc + parfume all wrapped up...
p.s. that was my plan all allong.... PC wrapped up with paper and something nice, just to show i love her...:)

btw that processor showed in this thread was a processor i used to use ^^ ahhh yes AMD alway's!

Rytr
06-03-06, 04:36 PM
She will like what it can do over her old machine. Specifically the Plextor DVD, SB, and 120GB HDD. Hope she has some good speakers or headphones. :D

SH64
06-03-06, 04:40 PM
Well if you say she use it everyday then i dont see why you think thats something she has "no knowledge of"!

What's the point ey you brought me onto a new idea Why not buy a new pc + parfume all wrapped up...
p.s. that was my plan all allong.... PC wrapped up with paper and something nice, just to show i love her...
yeah that would be even cooler! :D

also .. cant blame ya for your geeky gift :p .. we are PC geeks afterall! :D

Neophyte
06-03-06, 04:43 PM
Well if you say she use it everyday then i dont see why you think thats something she has "no knowledge of"!

yeah that would be even cooler! :D

also .. cant blame ya for your geeky gift :p .. Do you know me ? No ? then don't talk ****.

Geeky ? lmao you don't know me. and i don't look even close like one. ^^

Im not like Jakup who looks like a geek... ^^

+ the fact im not only doing it for my sister/myself but for me and my dad aswell.

SH64
06-03-06, 04:50 PM
Do you know me ? No ? then don't talk ****.

Geeky ? lmao you don't know me. and i don't look even close like one. ^^

Im not like Jakup who looks like a geek... ^^

+ the fact im not only doing it for my sister but for me and my dad aswell.
Ah you got my point wrong .. i meant a PC geek .. actually thats something to be proud of esp here , in nvnews.
anyway if you dont like it then its alright , you are not :)

Neophyte
06-03-06, 04:54 PM
Ah you got my point wrong .. i meant a PC geek .. actually thats something to be proud of esp here , in nvnews.
anyway if you dont like it then its alright , you are not :)Just a reminder, This thread isn't about me showing of ^^ Don't forget that.

You sound like I wouldn't know how to thread women in real life. You sound like a Geek yourself, and that aint a compliment from my side specially on Nvnew. Guy's like you do grow on threes.
You guy's have no respect for woman @ all ^^

SH64
06-03-06, 06:41 PM
Just a reminder, This thread isn't about me showing of ^^ Don't forget that.

You sound like I wouldn't know how to thread women in real life. You sound like a Geek yourself, and that aint a compliment from my side specially on Nvnew. Guy's like you do grow on threes.
You guy's have no respect for woman @ all ^^
Relax dude. the whole geek thing supposed to be a joke & no offense intended.
if i misrepresented my idea then i apologize & hope you dont take it personally.

now back on-topic :)

Neophyte
06-03-06, 06:47 PM
Relax dude. the whole geek thing supposed to be a joke & no offense intended.
if i misrepresented my idea then i apologize & hope you dont take it personally.

now back on-topic :) Thnx 4 having that cleared up.. now back on topic indeed.

ViN86
06-03-06, 07:46 PM
youre a nice bro. id do the same for my sister, if i had a sister, and i had some cash, lol ;)

she will definitely appreciate it. some ppl think that just because you got her a pc she wont like it. are you kidding me? you spent money on her and bought her something that she can really use, and it will last her for at least a couple years. thats the perfect gift imo.

Monnie Rock
06-03-06, 11:00 PM
You never know, you might load up a game on "her" system and she will be playing it at night when everyone is asleep.

Good for you, good to see family values still survive.

SLippe
06-03-06, 11:16 PM
I'm curious, Neophyte, how old are you and your sister? Of course, you don't have to answer.

I bought my parent's a video card for Christmas last year. :rofl (not kidding)

Hell, my wife bought an HP and if you stuck a 7900GT and a little bit more ram in it, we'd almost have the same system. Performance wise, I guess we would actually.

Anyways, hope your sister likes it. Good job.

(I still don't get the whole Dr. Jekyl over the geek thing)

Neophyte
06-04-06, 06:55 AM
I'm curious, Neophyte, how old are you and your sister? Of course, you don't have to answer.

I bought my parent's a video card for Christmas last year. :rofl (not kidding)

Hell, my wife bought an HP and if you stuck a 7900GT and a little bit more ram in it, we'd almost have the same system. Performance wise, I guess we would actually.

Anyways, hope your sister likes it. Good job.

(I still don't get the whole Dr. Jekyl over the geek thing) well im 23 and my sister is 26.
I've alway's given my sister my used parts like monitors and cd burners etc... and ofcourse she uses them. I also saw a game lying around on her desk (CSI miami or something) Anyway's Sinds everyone has a Computer here and only my sister has the slowest of the slowest, i thought it was nice to buy her a new one couse this one she's using now is acting up and i alway's have to look into it what's causing it ending up in a format in the end.... Putting importent files from one disk to another take's hours and i have time better to spent ^^

Her config will be

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ BOXED *SanDiego-Core* (Socket 939)
Antec LifeStyle Sonata II 450Watt
MSI K8N SLI Platinum
Asus Nvidia EN6600GT/HTD 256MB DDR3 SDRAM (PCI-E)
Plextor DVD +-R/+-RW PX-750A
3,5" diskdrive black
512MB Twinmos
Creative Soundblaster live 1024
120Gig hdd Maxtor dimondmax 10 (8mb)

My config will be :D (the same expect the red thing)

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
AMD64 X2 4800+ (2,4G) 2x1MB Toledo
Asus Extreme N7900GTX Second GFX comming
Samsung Syncmaster 970P
Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Elite PRO 7.1
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX
OCZ 2x1GB PC4000 Platinum EB Series Dual Channel Kit
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB (S-ATA / 16MB)
Lian Li PC-7A Plus
Tagan EasyCon TG580-U15 - 580 Watt
Lite-on SOHW1653S
Logitech Mx 518
Logitech G15
SennHeiser PC160 Heads (nana2)

GamerGuyX
06-04-06, 06:33 PM
So what's the point of this thread again?

Neophyte
06-04-06, 06:36 PM
So what's the point of this thread again? That im showing my sisters pc wich i bought for her. Should i digg up some started threads about you ? nah what's the point in that.