PDA

View Full Version : GR:AW Not making use of SLI after format.

Peoples-Agent
06-03-06, 09:41 PM
:thumbdwn: .... Check this out....

Did a format, thought performance didn't seem upto scratch in GRAW, so what the heck, enabled the load balance bars.

And this is the result....

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/damolee/WTFGraw.jpg

WTF....

Was working perfectly fine pre-format using same 84.37 drivers.

Using an AFR2 profile created in nHancer.

Any ideas? ...this is driving me crackers! I knew from the off the game didn't play anywhere near asgood after the format, this just confirms it.

jAkUp
06-04-06, 02:30 AM
Yea, you do not see the balancing bars because there is none. GRAW is running in AFR mode, so each GPU is writing alternate frames to the framebuffer.

With an SFR game, you will see the bar move around as the system is trying to balance the load.

It seems however, that these days most games are starting to render as AFR, seems like a good idea because it is less overhead when trying to balance the loads.

Peoples-Agent
06-04-06, 07:01 AM
What I mean is , on the left , that green column is suppose to expand.
It wasn't doing it .... installed 84.43 drivers instead, and now it permanently fills the left side of the screen, and frame rate feels like it has doubled.

Superfly
06-04-06, 08:04 AM
wierd - my bars are all green top to bottom most of the time. does'nt GRAW use AFR2?

Peoples-Agent
06-04-06, 08:27 AM
wierd - my bars are all green top to bottom most of the time. does'nt GRAW use AFR2?

Yeah it does, which is what that mode is.

It's the 84.37s, just don't work with Graw now. WTF

Tho Jo Smale
06-04-06, 11:44 AM
Yeah I had that issue with certain drivers and Counterstrike:Source...Back to the 84.43's solved the problems

jAkUp
06-04-06, 12:02 PM
They are not moving at all? Yea something is wrong then I think... I havent seen that happen yet...