PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War on the PC.

MaXThReAT
06-05-06, 01:45 PM
It's been a while since I've heard anything about this game and it's emergence day. I know it's not supposed to come out for the PC but Microsoft said that about Halo too and Mr. Tim Sweeney has talked about the differences between the xbox version and PC version a while back, a long while back. My thoughts are Microsoft put a stop to any PC talk about this game. Anyway does anyone have any new info or news about this game?

LiquidX
06-05-06, 01:57 PM
Check the console forum, you will finds new pics and a MTV 1/2 hour special which shows a play though or the demo by CliffyB which has some great action.

MaXThReAT
06-05-06, 02:02 PM
Yeah I've seen all that. I'm looking more to see if anyone has any PC info, rumors, specs anything like that. Even thought it's not coming to the PC, yeah right, I wouldn't believe it for a sec. I don't think Epic and or Microsoft would pass up the huge $$$ this game would make on the PC.

slick
06-05-06, 02:06 PM
It's probably gonna end up just like Halo did for the PC. Sure it'll come out... 6 months later.

jAkUp
06-05-06, 02:09 PM
Yes, rumor is it will be released on PC.

LiquidX
06-05-06, 02:15 PM
MS is really going to be pushing this game with some major marketing this holiday season as a Xbox 360 only killer title so if we ever do see a PC version or even hear any info on one, it will be well into 2007.

GamerGuyX
06-05-06, 03:16 PM
MS is really going to be pushing this game with some major marketing this holiday season as Xbox 360 only killer title so if we ever do see a PC version or even hear any info on it, it will be well into 2007.

Only killer title my ass.

LiquidX
06-05-06, 03:22 PM
I worded it wrong, only as in only on the 360 and no other platform.:)

Tork64
06-05-06, 04:48 PM
Like slick said, if it is going to come out for the PC then its going to be months or maybe a year later. If thats the case then I wont buy it. At first I was pretty sad that it wasnt making it to the PC first, but after watching the 14 minute Crysis video I dont care anymore. :p

Edge
06-05-06, 05:34 PM
I think the producer said that they are currently focusing all their attention on the Xbox 360 version and that they aren't doing anything for the PC at this point, but will likely port it later once they've finished the Xbox 360 game. So there's a pretty good chance it will be ported to the PC, but how long it will take is up in the air.

rewt
06-05-06, 06:26 PM
Hell I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 4 (on PC)!

I haven't bought a console since PS One... and probably never will again..

Aluminum
06-06-06, 01:24 PM
M$ owns the property rights of the game, so it may be a couple years before it hits PC

nekrosoft13
06-06-06, 02:16 PM
from what i heard is that PC gets UT 07, x360 gets Gears of War.

PC might get Gears of War later on, they don't want either tittle to be direct competitor to each other

MaXThReAT
06-07-06, 07:04 PM
M$ owns the property rights of the game, so it may be a couple years before it hits PC

I don't understand what Gates problem is. He says their going to really try to support the PC gaming community but it's still just about the $. 360 just makes more money but why cut out PC users, would it cut 360 game sales that much? I don't even own a 360. I wouldn't say UT07vsGOW would be a competition, they would both be top sellers for months but I understand what your saying. Not everyone could buy both at once and someone might miss out on someone's $. I wonder if this might be another Vista release title.

K007
06-07-06, 10:09 PM
Still waiting for Resident Evil 4 /cry

anticitizenzero
06-07-06, 10:59 PM
This Resident Evil 4 is scheduled for Fall on PC now

toxikneedle
06-07-06, 11:10 PM
I don't understand what Gates problem is. He says their going to really try to support the PC gaming community but it's still just about the $. 360 just makes more money but why cut out PC users, would it cut 360 game sales that much? I don't even own a 360. I wouldn't say UT07vsGOW would be a competition, they would both be top sellers for months but I understand what your saying. Not everyone could buy both at once and someone might miss out on someone's $. I wonder if this might be another Vista release title.
It's not about software sales, but about hardware sales rather. MS needs AAA titles as exclusives, or they won't move 360s like they want to.