PDA

View Full Version : Mudcrab Merchant?

guyjeb1
06-06-06, 11:51 AM
Sup Y'all!

Writting because I can't seem to find a Vender that pays more than 1,500 (top theif's guild fence, although I ended up killing him because he was a vampire or something.. dont remember).

I'm really sick of selling items worth 3,000 or 6,000 for only 1,200.

is there no mudcrab merchant in this one or do I gotta find a Mod?
If so, anyone reccomend a Mod for me? thx

-Jeb(pirate)

azale138
06-06-06, 12:02 PM
yea i have seen mods that add merchants with alot of money

Tygerwoody
06-06-06, 01:03 PM
I have not once used a cheat in the game and have never resorted to mods. Ever since I was level 22 I have NEVER had less than $200,000. I sell $4,000 items for as low as 600 all the time. The point is to just sell everytime you get a chance dont' sit there and be like "well, this merchant only gives a max of 800 septim. I'll save this $3,000 staff for the next merchant at the next town". Just do it, sell the stuff. Get it out of your possesion. You want any weight off of you. Walking around looking for dumb merchants just weigh you down. In this game you barely need money anyway. Cheating will get your nowhere except a lower sense of accomplishment.

CaptNKILL
06-06-06, 03:01 PM
I horde all my crap in my tiny hovel in the waterfront district :D

I havent played the game in weeks though. I'll pick it back up one of these days.

guyjeb1
06-06-06, 03:05 PM
Well I'm not really looking to cheat, i'm just looking to sell my items at the value they can be sold at.. is 1,200 really my cap from here on out (since I killed the 1,500 fence) ??

does anyone know of a higher vender or is it only a mod that could get me past 1,200?

Tygerwoody
06-06-06, 03:05 PM

I havent played the game in weeks though. I'll pick it back up one of these days.
Yea, i quit it a week after I bought it... i just picked it back up 2 weeks ago and have been playing it ever since. Texture mods for various things make the game more enjoyable.

Tygerwoody
06-06-06, 03:07 PM
Well I'm not really looking to cheat, i'm just looking to sell my items at the value they can be sold at.. is 1,200 really my cap from here on out (since I killed the 1,500 fence) ??

does anyone know of a higher vender or is it only a mod that could get me past 1,200?
what i am trying to say is that 1200 is PLENTY enough. Seriously, I am NEVER under 200,000 septim. I have way too much money as is. I dont even try to make money, it just happens. If anything they should LOWER the amount the merchants have ;)

guyjeb1
06-06-06, 03:15 PM
You are Rediculous... :D

(pirate) (nana2) (pirate) (nana2) (pirate) (nana2) (nana2)

Zelda_fan
06-06-06, 04:21 PM
Sup Y'all!

Writting because I can't seem to find a Vender that pays more than 1,500 (top theif's guild fence, although I ended up killing him because he was a vampire or something.. dont remember).

I'm really sick of selling items worth 3,000 or 6,000 for only 1,200.

is there no mudcrab merchant in this one or do I gotta find a Mod?
If so, anyone reccomend a Mod for me? thx

-Jeb(pirate)

no mudcrab. The best thing to do is get 100 mercantile. That gives all vendors +500 gold, and you can invest and extra 500 gold thus giving you +1000 gold to every vendor. The new spell vendor coupled with frostcraig spire has 2000g so that's a max 3000g.

Beth didn't want to break the game and let people rack up on money. A mudcrab vendor is cheating imho.

Twigbutt
06-06-06, 05:28 PM
Same here. Since money is basically useless, I just threw stuff on the floor of one of my houses. Thing is, the fps got so bad because everything was trying to settle (stupid physics) that I could barely walk in the door. :p

ashridah
06-06-06, 08:41 PM
surprisingly, it pays a bit to level up mercantile skill a fair bit. once you hit expert, you can 'invest' 500 septims in a store, and the max money goes up by 500 permanently for it. Additionally, a master in mercantile gets an *extra* 500 bucks, so a master can easily pull an extra 1000 septims out of any given merchant. (which lets you sell stuff at roughly half their worth for all but some enchanted daedric gear.)
Also, you lose next to nothing since you can haggle way up, so you buy some of their gear, sell your own, and then sell their gear to other merchants (who will all now buy your gear no matter what they normally buy)

ash

ventriloquate
06-13-06, 03:21 PM
If you have 50 restoration you can just give yourself 100 - (your current mercantilism) for 3 seconds and invest 500g at any point. It is pretty pointless as others have said, seeing as gold is useless. On the other hand, having 30 sets of every high level armor in the game is equally as useless..