PDA

View Full Version : Duke sounds like a dork

stjuart
06-06-06, 03:54 PM
i started playing duke nukem 3d a couple of days ago with the high resolution textures and the graphics didnt bother me much and i liked the old school gameplay. but man when i heard duke talk i went so thats where serious sam gets his inspiration from. and this is as cheesy as serious sam which is another game with bad voice acting but funny sometimes. my question to you guys did the game sound alot better when it was released or does it still sound cool to you. Puts flame suit on.

evilghost
06-06-06, 04:17 PM
I actually just got done playing all the episodes as well. It's a good game with environment interaction and puzzle solving but I could do without the ****e commentary from Duke. It's a little over the top.

To answer your question, when I played it when I was much younger (16 or so) it was neat, now, it's annoying.

stjuart
06-06-06, 04:22 PM
I think serious sam is funnier in some ways, not new game the first to were awsome, the officail 2nd game just wasnt the same in the enviornments. but back to the topic the sound of sam can be funny and also annoying at the same time. just thinking how they are going to bring a story in the new duke game , i mean wtf your killing pigs how do you justify that, unless you some how take shrooms and acid at the same time and you see cops that have hog heads.

flukester
06-09-06, 01:15 PM
Well being that I was around when Duke came out and played it to death. The Duke voice rocks and the one liners were so awesome everyone would use them. Macho and cool. Haven't come across another voice in a game that was cooler. Maybe Denton from the original Deus Ex..Farcry dude was pretty good too.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!

Babes, bullets, bombs... damn I love this job!

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your chicks.

It's down to you and me, you one eyed freak

Some of my favorite quotes!

crainger
06-12-06, 11:04 PM
Well being that I was around when Duke came out and played it to death. The Duke voice rocks and the one liners were so awesome everyone would use them. Macho and cool. Haven't come across another voice in a game that was cooler. Maybe Denton from the original Deus Ex..Farcry dude was pretty good too.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!

Babes, bullets, bombs... damn I love this job!

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your chicks.

It's down to you and me, you one eyed freak

Some of my favorite quotes!

I think the Men in Black from Deus Ex had the coolest voices. As did JC

Duke's voice get did old after awhile. Especially when your best mate quotes it for every single meaningless task he did.

flukester
06-13-06, 12:01 PM
Hahahahhaa ok!

I haven't play Duke for a long time, but I am anxiously waiting for DNF

I can understand why you hate Duke though, that would drive me nuts too.

Athena
06-13-06, 03:13 PM
I tried to play the Serious Sam games but they where just to grade B for me.
As far as Duke sounding like a Dork, he always did. We where just also dorks so it was the cools. ;)

Seriously tastes change over time. Any one still remember Andrew Dice Clay?