PDA

View Full Version : Man after all the lcd monitors I have I owned I still prefer my CRT!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Veger
06-08-06, 11:28 AM
Hello,

I have owned so many LCD monitors and used them to death but, I still prefer my Sony GDM-500PS CRT monitor. Games look much better since I have gone back to it. It looks much warmer than the pierecing lcd contrast.

I have used samsung 15" lcd 25ms, hitachi 17" 16ms lcds dell 20", 24" 12ms widescreed lcds, viewsonic vx924 4ms 19" lcd, viewsonic vx922 2ms 19" lcd.

I have sold most of them off. I am going to sell my viewsonics now. I recently have gone to my eye doctor and have complaining about serious eye strain. It turns out that the lcds are killing n=my eyes. The contrast levels are destroying my eyes. When I go back and use my sony 21" GDM-500PS CRT monitor my eyes are fine, no straining.

Believe me this is not a rant against lcd monitors, they are fantastic displays, it is just i wish I knew sooner I would saved tons of cash.

Ahh well just make sure when you purchase an lcd that you really compare it to your current crt and test it with you eyes for awhile.

Later...

evilchris
06-08-06, 11:40 AM
There is no LCD made that has better IQ than the best CRT's, which are cheaper. LCD's are for space savings nothing more.

Tygerwoody
06-08-06, 11:41 AM
Hello,

I have owned so many LCD monitors and used them to death but, I still prefer my Sony GDM-500PS CRT monitor. Games look much better since I have gone back to it. It looks much warmer than the pierecing lcd contrast.

I have used samsung 15" lcd 25ms, hitachi 17" 16ms lcds dell 20", 24" 12ms widescreed lcds, viewsonic vx924 4ms 19" lcd, viewsonic vx922 2ms 19" lcd.

I have sold most of them off. I am going to sell my viewsonics now. I recently have gone to my eye doctor and have complaining about serious eye strain. It turns out that the lcds are killing n=my eyes. The contrast levels are destroying my eyes. When I go back and use my sony 21" GDM-500PS CRT monitor my eyes are fine, no straining.

Believe me this is not a rant against lcd monitors, they are fantastic displays, it is just i wish I knew sooner I would saved tons of cash.

Ahh well just make sure when you purchase an lcd that you really compare it to your current crt and test it with you eyes for awhile.

Later...
I think you are posting your pointless comments in the wrong forum section...

P.S. I don't believe you have owned those LCD's but merely are trying to convince yourself of false remarks.

P.S.S. You don't deserve that avatar. Only 37+ inch LCD users are allowed to use that avatar.

Veger
06-08-06, 11:51 AM
I think you are posting your pointless comments in the wrong forum section...

P.S. I don't believe you have owned those LCD's but merely are trying to convince yourself of false remarks.

P.S.S. You don't deserve that avatar. Only 37+ inch LCD users are allowed to use that avatar.

Another child in the forum? Why the attitude with my thread?

evilchris
06-08-06, 11:56 AM
Don;t worry about littlewoody

Veger
06-08-06, 12:05 PM
Hehe "littlewoody". That explains the hostile tongue. (nana2)

retsam
06-08-06, 12:08 PM
well, the only one he can blame for his difficencies is his father....now tiger just say "thanks dad for nothing special"

|MaguS|
06-08-06, 12:08 PM

Post in the correct part of the forum... This belongs in General Hardware since its a rant/discussion about PC Hardware.

I do agree with evilchris on the CRT > LCD comment, I have yet to see any LCD that has matched the image quality of my FW900.

retsam
06-08-06, 12:09 PM
well anyways, i feel the very same way about lcd's...crt's rock...period...

Riptide
06-08-06, 12:56 PM
I couldn't disagree more. I would never willingly go back to my GDM-F500R.

gram_vaz
06-08-06, 06:49 PM
If you want the best in geometry, convergence, and space saving get an LCD. If you want the best in color, contrast, and resolution scalability get a CRT. I chose a CRT. Love my P275 21'' Trinitron. Want to get a FW900. After that only other display technology i see myself moving to is SED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SED-tv).

SLippe
06-08-06, 07:24 PM
I'll NEVER go back to a CRT. Ever. LCD > CRT.

photophreak314
06-08-06, 08:47 PM
edited a whole bunch...

Here is a good article on LCD vs CRT. They are all "pro" grade LCDs tested against a "pro" CRT (most high level CRTs use the same tube (Sony/Mitsubishi)

http://shootsmarter.com/infocenter/wc042.html

Two LCDs came out on top, and has a price tag that is ridiculous. I think it goes for ~ $3K and ~$5K (the better of the two). However, would a normal user even notice a difference between any of those monitors? Probably not. The key to a good image on any monitor is good calibration. A colorimeter makes a world of difference.

http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg220/index.asp The best one (can even display a full Adobe RGB gamut, for those of you who know what that means.)

jAkUp
06-08-06, 09:03 PM
LCD's are usually clearer for still images... but for moving images CRT's are better. With that being said I am on the verge of getting a Dell 2407. Gonna test drive one this weekend then make my final decision.

supra
06-08-06, 11:46 PM
There is no LCD made that has better IQ than the best CRT's, which are cheaper. LCD's are for space savings nothing more.

agreed :D

Badboy_12345
06-09-06, 12:13 AM
Hello,

Later...

LCDs strain your eyes but crts doesnt? :confused:
u are lying to yourself or have alien eyes :rolleyes:

CRTs need to update the picture I dont care if u have 200hz on your crt it WILL still strain your eyes and make u tired.
LCDs dont have that, I can sit infront of my LCD for hours upon hours and be totally fine. With a CRT I can only sit infront of it for a few hours tops before I feel the effect on my eyes.

Thats one of the things LCDs are good at they dont strain your eyes.

And now u are saying the opposite of what has been documented everywhere? :rolleyes:

And owning a 24" LCD > ANY CRT
I want to see u sit in front of a 24" widescreen CRT that must suck :lol:

GamerGuyX
06-09-06, 01:11 AM
I want to see u sit in front of a 24" widescreen CRT that must suck :lol:

Actually sitting in front of a 24" widescreen LCD after getting used to the perfection of a 24" widescreen CRT (FW900) sucks.

Superfly
06-09-06, 03:55 AM
I think its all about what your own eyes like to see, I would never go back to CRT but I have friends that would die before using an LCD....

each to there own.

this is one of those things people will never agree on.

Belarnion
06-09-06, 07:40 AM
I think its all about what your own eyes like to see, I would never go back to CRT but I have friends that would die before using an LCD....

each to there own.

this is one of those things people will never agree on.
Until we get SED monitors.
Take the best from both worlds and mix it together. I just can't wait. :D

Heinz68
06-11-06, 04:37 PM
There is no question on my mind that CRT are better monitors than LCD, especially for games.
CRT: better IQ, better blacks, no ghosting, no dead pixels, any resolution is native and much more.
Having said that I'm looking to buy soon wide screen LCD 24" up to 37" also for use as HD OTA TV.
When it comes to larger monitors LCD doesn't have much competition until SED or OLED comes out probably by the end of 2007.
Than it will take minimum one year to satisfy the market for the prices to come down enough for me to buy.
So that's a long wait and i want large monitor now.

Mathesar
06-11-06, 06:27 PM
Agreed on the CRT > LCD , I've got a 24" FW900 CRT and wouldnt trade it for any LCD for reasons already mentioned in this thread :)

http://ded.zenblue.net/IMG_0658.jpg

mike686
06-11-06, 06:39 PM
Agreed on the CRT > LCD , I've got a 24" FW900 CRT and wouldnt trade it for any LCD for reasons already mentioned in this thread :)

Just look at that big hunk o' junk. ;)

Mathesar
06-11-06, 07:11 PM
Just look at that big hunk o' junk. ;)

So.. When you're playing games or watching movies are you looking at the physical characteristics of your monitor or is the actual picture quality more important? My priority is picture quality / performance and if that means having a boat anchor on my desk then so be it ;)

flukester
06-12-06, 12:09 PM
CRT right now will always be better than LCD. Here's why?

- LCD can only do 16million colors. CRT can do way more.
- Pixels are tighter than on a CRT. CRT can be down as far as .20 dot pitch
- LCD's don't have the refresh rate CRT's do.
- LCD's have limited Resolution settings
- LCD's you have to look at generally straight on, CRT, from anywhere

Lots think LCD's are the best but they don't touch a nice CRT. 21" Trinitron flatscreen right here owns ANY LCD.

http://www.touchscreens.com/intro-displaytech.html

Riptide
06-12-06, 12:28 PM
You're eye can't see more than 24bit color anyway.