PDA

View Full Version : Playing FarCry for the first time

Pages : [1] 2

Lazaredz
06-08-06, 08:15 PM
This game ROCKS!!! ID and Valve should take notes from these people. Yeah the graphics are a little behind but the levels are SO open!! Reminds me of Deus Ex.

I had bough this via Direct to Drive download around the time that HL2 came out and had pretty much forgotten about it till I saw the Crysis video/threads. I redownloaded it and DAMN this this is AMAZING!!

Just got to the part where the Monkey-Men really break free. Can't wait to see what else happens.

(nana2)

toxikneedle
06-08-06, 08:48 PM
You're up to the part where I generally lost interest in the game, heh.

supra
06-08-06, 10:56 PM
farcry pwns every 3dshooter out there... :)

QFT!

jAkUp
06-08-06, 11:04 PM
Yes FarCry was definetely and incredible game. The end got a little wonky, but overall it was amazing. Especially for its time. Crysis looks equally amazing for its time as well.

grey_1
06-09-06, 03:58 AM

As in 'EVERY', best I've ever played...have fun!

flukester
06-09-06, 11:50 AM

I've tried playing Farcry but nobody is ever playing or I get on servers and people camp all over the place in bushes and 3/4 of the time I have no clue who killed me. Get's boring really quickly. I guess it depends on what you deem great in a MP game but I find Farcry bland myself. And the sound suck donkey nuts too. Xfi here with Digital speakers and the sound is always muffled and just not realistic. Guy runs through bushes behind you and you hear nothing, guy runs up behind you and you hear nothing. The single player portion of the game though was fun and I finished that a few times.

I am at a standstill in fps gaming. Nothing interests me. I'm playing Hitman Blood Money and Empire Earth 2 with expansion. I play Call of Duty 2 but with cheats it's kind of ruined too. Was really hoping there was going to be big changes in 1.3 patch but.. does nothing. Cheaters are everywhere and it's so pitiful to see when you see your own death and the guy is following you through buildings. Like ya, I'm going going to keep playing this, Not.

God!!! I wish Duke Nukem Forever would come out! Save me from this carbon copy mania that's going on now in terms of FPS. :thumbdwn: Oh I guess Sin was fun, but I rather have MP now.

CaptNKILL
06-09-06, 11:58 AM
Man, some times I feel like the only person who just did not like Far Cry at all. Not even a little bit.

flukester
06-09-06, 12:04 PM
Well honestly, I wouldn't sell Farcry off more than just being a mediocre game. I really only liked the Single player because it was some what original. The MP I have tried countless times to try and like but just irritates me when I can do a lot better in other FPS games. If they had stats from dying from someone lying down in a bush with a scope, I'd win the award for being the most likely target. lmao.

msxyz
06-09-06, 12:07 PM
The first time I played Far Cry I was still on my P3 1.33Ghz with a Ti4200. I'm the kind of guy whoi likes to crank on detail (particulary on textures), even at the cost of fps but I was really impressed how good it ran, despite my outdated PC.

$n][pErMan
06-09-06, 12:26 PM
Yes FarCry was definetely and incredible game. The end got a little wonky, but overall it was amazing. Especially for its time. Crysis looks equally amazing for its time as well.
Dude .. the end of that game was damn near f*cking immpossible!

flukester
06-09-06, 12:30 PM
[pErMan']Dude .. the end of that game was damn near f*cking immpossible!

Finished it in my first attempt. :D

Riptide
06-09-06, 12:31 PM
[pErMan']Dude .. the end of that game was damn near f*cking immpossible!
The end when you go up against Krieger - that's the tough part. But there's a little bit yet to go after that.

aAv7
06-09-06, 03:19 PM
Ah yes, the first fps in the trilogy of 2004 shooters. And my favorite. I never beat the other two of the trilogy (hl2 and doom 3) because they bore the hell outta me after a couple of hours, but i'll be damned if I dont still fire up farcry with hdr and go crazy on some mercs to this day. Great game.

antecs2
06-09-06, 03:41 PM
still play portions of farcry.just a great game,many hours of great game play without getting bored.next great game is FEAR.cant wait for crysis just hope my rig runs it.just my opinion

Toss3
06-09-06, 03:46 PM
Ah yes, the first fps in the trilogy of 2004 shooters. And my favorite. I never beat the other two of the trilogy (hl2 and doom 3) because they bore the hell outta me after a couple of hours, but i'll be damned if I dont still fire up farcry with hdr and go crazy on some mercs to this day. Great game.
Well I finished Hl2(it was so short it felt like I had just started when it ended :)), not doom3 though(it got so boring I actually sold it to my friend). FarCry on the other hand was so great I couldn't stop playing. It's the best FPS ever, period! Hope Crysis will live up to my expectations. :D

Riptide
06-09-06, 03:47 PM
I liked all 3 of them. FarCry was probably my favorite though. HL2 a close second.

SlamDunk
06-09-06, 03:52 PM
The graphics are definitely not "behind", in my opinion :)

Far Cry still looks awesome and has stood the test of time. 2 years in PC gaming is a lifetime.

K007
06-09-06, 10:24 PM
Atleast the main guy talks..i mean you feel atleast the character your playing is interacting with the other npcs...unlike doom3...half life 1/2..quake 4....i really hate games like that where the main guy says nothing.

Lazaredz
06-10-06, 07:17 AM
Damn, those monkey men are TOUGH! The little ones even get close to you and your toast .... haven't figured out a way to dodge them when they leap yet. And the BIG ones with the rocket launcher take a TON of damage before going down.

Fun stuff!! :)

SlamDunk
06-10-06, 07:59 AM
Yeah. I like the Trigens too. Their growling always makes me go all goosebumps :p

You can dodge the little jumping Trigens simply by strafing. It becomes too easy once you get the hang of it :)

jAkUp
06-10-06, 10:36 AM
I havent played FarCry in so long... wonder how it would run now :)

|MaguS|
06-10-06, 10:39 AM
Atleast the main guy talks..i mean you feel atleast the character your playing is interacting with the other npcs...unlike doom3...half life 1/2..quake 4....i really hate games like that where the main guy says nothing.

Thing is characters that talk in the game make you feel like your controlling someone rather then immerse you in the game and make you feel like its you not a character. HL2: Episode 1 did this very well in the first couple mins during your interaction with the other characters.

Trigens ruined the game for me, I liked the whole military feeling but when they were thrown in it just felt even more generic.

jAkUp
06-10-06, 10:54 AM
I wish FarCry had Dinos in it :( I can't even think of 1 good dino game... don't even mention Trespasser..hehe

|MaguS|
06-10-06, 11:05 AM
Turok 1/2, Both rocked!

Capt. Picard
06-10-06, 11:15 AM
Well honestly, I wouldn't sell Farcry off more than just being a mediocre game. I really only liked the Single player because it was some what original. The MP I have tried countless times to try and like but just irritates me when I can do a lot better in other FPS games. If they had stats from dying from someone lying down in a bush with a scope, I'd win the award for being the most likely target. lmao.

You guys who don't like it are just spoilt. I remember a time when you still had to use your imagination that the 20 odd pixels you saw in Police Quest 1 where in fact a man.