PDA

View Full Version : No Quad SLI till end of Summer

shungokusatsu
06-08-06, 08:31 PM
Nvidia just announced at Computex that Quad SLI support indeed will not arrive until the end of summer :thumbdwn:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32233

You can also find this news from other sites at computex 2006.

kwynjunk
06-08-06, 08:46 PM
Nvidia just announced at Computex that Quad SLI support indeed will not arrive until the end of summer :thumbdwn:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32233

You can also find this news from other sites at computex 2006.

I got the impression that that meant official driver. So hopefully we can look for the beta drivers throughout the summer??

shungokusatsu
06-08-06, 10:15 PM
I got the impression that that meant official driver. So hopefully we can look for the beta drivers throughout the summer??

Absolutely, sorry. Yes no offical Quad SLI drivers from Nvidia until the end of summer, but it's really not that far away. And yes, there's a few Quad SLI beta drivers available that work decently and you can expect many more up until the official release.

jAkUp
06-09-06, 12:20 AM
I dunno... www.nzone.com is sorta official :)

Inquirer keeps saying "there is NO driver that works!"

That is simply wrong. Sure it works, maybe not to its full potential, but it works.

As for the official driver, whats the point? By the end of summer, G80 should launch in just a few months.

shungokusatsu
06-09-06, 01:47 AM
I dunno... www.nzone.com is sorta official :)

Inquirer keeps saying "there is NO driver that works!"

That is simply wrong. Sure it works, maybe not to its full potential, but it works.

As for the official driver, whats the point? By the end of summer, G80 should launch in just a few months.

By then when we ge the official drivers, the performance increase should be ridiculously nasty. I think what inquirer means bu No drivers workingis offical support again. While they do work with some games and apps, Quad's perfromances limited to very few games.

Lars
06-09-06, 02:18 AM
Considering how severely cpu limited a dual card/chip SLI setup (or crossfire setup for that matter) is, I wouldn't expect quad-SLI to really take off until faster desktop cpu's are released.

Personally I'm anxious to see some Conroe + quad SLI benchmarks whenever they get the drivers ready. Just hope the Nforce5 for Intel will be better than the Nforce4 Intel stuff.