PDA

View Full Version : STALKER Update

jAkUp
06-08-06, 09:48 PM
GSC Game World has a post up responding to post-E3 rumors about S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the frequently delayed first-person shooter. The post denies that the game's signature A-Life AI and the requirement that characters must eat have been removed, while confirming that voluntary sleep has been removed and that use of vehicles in the game has been limited.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=3522&sec_id=1&offset=-120

SH64
06-08-06, 09:55 PM
that use of vehicles in the game has been limited
I hope that dosent affect the gameplay much ...

Mr_LoL
06-08-06, 10:03 PM
Looks like the developers of the game aimed a bit too high with this one. Either that or they were not talented enough to pull all the ambitious stuff off. I have been looking forward to this game for about a year now. I will keep my faith.

Marvel_us
06-08-06, 10:19 PM
This game is a meh for me now. I won't expect a release date anytime soon.

Connaught
06-08-06, 10:31 PM
This game MUST, MUST, beat crysis to retail otherwise, might as well throw in the towel

grey_1
06-09-06, 04:37 AM
I bet the developers have nightmares since they know about Crysis...

If Crytek nails Crysis the way they did Farcry Stalker's going to be hurting anyway. These guys knowhow to put a fps together for sure while stalker seems to be going the dnf route. Which really sucks, had my hopes up high about it.

antecs2
06-09-06, 06:18 AM
been waiting for STALKER for a long time, almost feal bad for dev.gogamer has preorders for nov.think they were doing same last year.

|MaguS|
06-09-06, 06:21 AM
I bet the developers have nightmares since they know about Crysis...

I dout it since both games are aiming for different style of world and gameplay. Crysis is an action FPS. STALKER was aiming for a more open gameplay type FPS.

Heck, If Crysis is anything like FarCry the game will be very linear no matter how large it is.

Your all acting like Crysis is the end all FPS, different FPS aim for different type of gamers. Some people loved D3 and hated HL2 while others were the complete opposite...

DMA
06-09-06, 07:56 AM
New Stalker video from the German mag "Gamestar".
http://www.fz.se/filarkiv/index.php?file=mov/stalker/Stalker%20dx9%20on%20E3%202006.VOB

6 mins. VOB though, but should play just fine in VLC, Power DVD etc.

Its looks alright I guess, but nothing special anymore. :(

|MaguS|
06-09-06, 08:40 AM
Doesn't look too dated, still looks pretty dam good. Especially the shadows and world textures.

Quickstar
06-09-06, 09:14 AM
FarCry was linear in storyline. As for the levels, you could approach it any way you wanted. It will be the same in Crysis except they're going to take it one step further. The way you approach a level will affect other levels. Remember how in FarCry, you ran around a lot destroying bases (comm base, ammo base, etc)? It got kinda pointless after a while. Even the main character made a joke about it. "So I need to destroy this base, so i can destroy another base! genius!" Well this time, it will affect how different levels play out depending on which base you destroy.

In theory, destroying a communication base in Crysis, will knock out their communications. Or destroying a helipad will take out the North Korean air support.

|MaguS|
06-09-06, 09:18 AM
FarCry was linear in storyline. As for the levels, you could approach it any way you wanted. It will be the same in Crysis except they're going to take it one step further. The way you approach a level will affect other levels. Remember how in FarCry, you ran around a lot destroying bases (comm base, ammo base, etc)? It got kinda pointless after a while. Even the main character made a joke about it. "So I need to destroy this base, so i can destroy another base! genius!" Well this time, it will affect how different levels play out depending on which base you destroy.

In theory, destroying a communication base in Crysis, will knock out their communications. Or destroying a helipad will take out the North Korean air support.

I will believe the aspect of future levels being affected by the current accomplishments when I see it. Don;t think I have ever played a game that stated this and it actually worked.

Socom said that in between the PSP and Socom 3 but that was a load of bull.

Im seeing STALKER as basically Oblivion with guns... main quest and different paths to take but the outcome is always the same...

I need another KOTOR. :o

Hoopla
06-09-06, 09:55 AM
I think that at this point they should rename it to: Diakatana 2 :p

Quickstar
06-09-06, 08:01 PM
Crytek is one of the few developers I actually trust.

Brimstone7
06-09-06, 08:29 PM
Magus, I believe that the original SiN worked like that. Secondary objectives completed in earlier levels affected things in later maps. I think that it was mostly cosmetic/altered the difficulty, but it was there.

You're right though. Anyone expecting something revolutionary will probably be let down. I expect it will be more of a bonus feature than a core component.

Tuork
06-10-06, 11:21 PM
It's a shame they dropped most of the things that made this game seem unique.
If it comes out soon I'd give it a try, no doubt about it... but it looks like it's going to be delayed time and time again.

Crysis FTW! (As long as they don't keep adjusting the release in accordance to Vista's...)

agentkay
06-13-06, 09:12 AM
A few new (to me) Stalker screenshots:

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screenshots/PlayerPicList.jsp?galleryId=510

Superfly
06-13-06, 01:36 PM
those shots looks pretty good to me, thanks.