PDA

View Full Version : Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
06-09-06, 11:20 AM
I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).

lognoronon
06-10-06, 04:18 AM
I know what you mean. I still play EQ1 because it's the best MMORPG on the market IMO and been playing it since summer of 1999. Vanguard is the only thing I see on the horizon that interests me (only after checking it out at E3).

nrdstrm
06-10-06, 05:38 AM
I'm pretty much only watching Vanguard atm. There are plenty on the horizon, but none that would satisfy a EQ1 or UO fan....

|MaguS|
06-10-06, 07:33 AM
Just play Vanguards... I mean... um...

/runs off

Hex
06-10-06, 11:28 AM
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.

Tr1cK
06-10-06, 11:47 AM
EQ2 pvp is one of the worst systems out there. Still has huge imbalance issues between classes.

UDawg
06-10-06, 12:27 PM
I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).
I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?

I have a idea. If you don't like the games the SHUT YOUR WHINNEY LIBEAL PIE-HOLE. CUS NO ONE CARES

all said with love, of course. :D

Besides WoW you are right. All the other mmos out there blow balls. I think we have just seen it all before and we need something dramatically different to satisfy us.

UDawg
06-10-06, 12:27 PM
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.
Warhammer looks like a cheap WoW.

|MaguS|
06-10-06, 12:40 PM
I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?
I played EQ1 for 5+ years...

Zelda_fan
06-10-06, 01:24 PM
WoW was great. Just too addictive so I stopped playing it.

slick
06-10-06, 04:41 PM

Tabula Rasa. (http://www.playtr.com/index.html)

lognoronon
06-10-06, 06:44 PM
How long can a person play one game?

Been playing EQ1 since May of 99 and it's still the best game of it's type out there until Vanguard comes out.

Hex
06-10-06, 09:53 PM
Warhammer looks like a cheap WoW.
And here I thought it was the other way around.

Sidric
06-11-06, 02:21 AM
Warhammer actually has war in it, so its already better than WoW in my book. No more CTF sissy bs.

slick
06-11-06, 09:55 AM
Get a character to 51 and do AV then.

Sidric
06-11-06, 05:07 PM
Get a character to 51 and do AV then.

true, except I HAVE a level 60(since last November), and I HAVE done AV more times than I care to count. its an endless grind, be it for rep or cp just like everything else in the damn game. worst part of it is that it's still instanced like wsg or ab, so in reality its no different. warhammer promises actually moving territories based on the battles won, and true combined pvp/pve with REAL rewards not some damn new rank or OMGWTFBBQ item.

ruziel
06-11-06, 10:19 PM
EQ1 progression server, June 28th.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board?board.id=Progression

Tygerwoody
06-15-06, 11:15 AM
EQ1 progression server, June 28th.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board?board.id=Progression
I'm not going back to playing EQ1.... its time for the NEW

btw... UDawg is a righty idiot.... The only MMO he has ever played is WoW and he all of a sudden thinks its the best. I have played a good 10 different MMORPG's, he has played one but yet he knows me than I :rolleyes:

I say that with love

|MaguS|
06-15-06, 11:31 AM
My Station Access acount is active in wait for the 28th! :o

pingu2
06-15-06, 11:40 AM
I have reactivated my EQ account (yikes!) for the progression server - will see how it goes ;)

I think they will be fairly amazed by the number of people signing up for that server - reckon they will need a few of them!

|MaguS|
06-15-06, 11:47 AM
What name you going under? Class?

Think im going to be a rogue or a chanter, haven't decided on name yet though.

Athena
06-15-06, 01:49 PM
I have been playing COH and COV since last Sept. I love this game and I love the super hero community. People are alot more friendly and helpful.

But I would like a new fantisy based MMO to come out. Factions really put me off. :(

darkrider01
06-16-06, 11:25 AM
I have been playing COH and COV since last Sept. I love this game and I love the super hero community. People are alot more friendly and helpful.

But I would like a new fantisy based MMO to come out. Factions really put me off. :(

CoV / CoH has a good community?!?! That's the whole reason I quit - the people were all jackasses. It may have just been that I was on the 2 "bad" servers......

I agree about factions though. I have not been able to get into it at all. My wife plays it all the time, but I find it monotonous.

Originally Posted by Hex

Eve is IMO a great Sci-Fi based MMORPG. I will admit that it is slow moving, but I find myself thinking about and planning for Eve more than any other game, including Oblivion.

Cambo
06-23-06, 06:46 AM
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Anarchy Online. http://www.anarchy-online.com/

Yes, it's been around for a while, and it ain't perfect, but it's a fun game, and you can even try it out for free. In fact, I've been playing for over 18 months on a free account, and thoroughly enjoy it.

The basic game is the free bit, with the Shadowlands, Notum Wars, and Alien Invasion expansions being subscription only.

There's another expansion coming out in about 6 months or so, called Lost Eden.

Anyway, if any of you do decided to try it out, I can often be found hanging out in Borealis on one of my many toons ;-)

Cambo lvl 158 Adventurer
Cambots lvl 100 Engineer
Cambureau lvl 47 Bureaucrat
Cambonk lvl 18 Enforcer
Cambosol lvl 54 Soldier
etc...

|MaguS|
06-23-06, 07:11 AM
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Anarchy Online. http://www.anarchy-online.com/

Yes, it's been around for a while, and it ain't perfect, but it's a fun game, and you can even try it out for free. In fact, I've been playing for over 18 months on a free account, and thoroughly enjoy it.

The basic game is the free bit, with the Shadowlands, Notum Wars, and Alien Invasion expansions being subscription only.

There's another expansion coming out in about 6 months or so, called Lost Eden.

Anyway, if any of you do decided to try it out, I can often be found hanging out in Borealis on one of my many toons ;-)

Cambo lvl 158 Adventurer
Cambots lvl 100 Engineer
Cambureau lvl 47 Bureaucrat
Cambonk lvl 18 Enforcer
Cambosol lvl 54 Soldier
etc...

Your spamming now (Im also guessing your advertising, not even changing your post from the previous one)... as for AO, its total ****. One of the worse MMOs out there. There is a reason why people don't play it and they had to go free just to attract people. I beta tested the game aswell as played retail when it launched, its a horrible game. The funny thing is that EQ1 looks better then it...